Author Topic: Again : Saakashvili detained by law enforcement  (Read 168 times)

Offline Дідусь

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1789
  • -Receive: 3949
  • Retired, living near the cognac distillery!
    • Expatua

Law enforcement officers detained ex-governor of Odesa region Mikheil Saakashvili and take him to the Security Service department. This was reported by his colleague David Sakvarelidze in Facebook.

"They detained Mikheil! They are taking him to Security Service department on Askoldov lane," Savkarelidze wrote.

The spokesperson of the Movement of New Forces party Mariana Pochtar has confirmed the information about the detention of Saakashviliі, and informed in commentary to the Ukrainian Truth agency that law enforcers are attacking the tent camp.

‪You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

"When surrounded by the dark void of the wilfully blind, it does not excuse those that are a spark of light their duty to shine" - Pompey Nik

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1279
  • -Receive: 1034
  • 100% Against jellied eels
Re: Again : Saakashvili detained by law enforcement
« Reply #1 on: 14:32 09-Dec-2017 »
The General Prosecutor, Yuri Lutsenko announced this on his Facebook page [!]; the guy is an opportunist and one of the biggest threats to progress in this country. 

"The colorful history of Ukraine's Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko "

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Kyiv Post Noted Problems with this guy early on.

"Apointed after the dismissal of the scandalous Viktor Shokin on March 29, 2016, Lutsenko, Poroshenko?s man, had the parliament vote to change the law specifically to make it possible for someone without a legal education to be prosecutor general."

"Lutsenko proclaimed that prosecuting people who enriched themselves at the expense of ordinary Ukrainians was of prime importance.  A year later, nothing has happened."

"Another cause for indignation inside Ukraine were Lutsenko?s actions to cover up a major corruption scandal involving Yuriy Boiko, currently the leader of the Opposition Bloc (the successor to Yanukovych?s Party of Regions).Boiko is suspected of stealing $180 million from the Ukrainian budget."

"Transparency International, Ukraine?s leading international anticorruption NGO, is unimpressed by Lutsenko?s efforts. In its statement on May 24, it claims that Ukraine is losing the last opportunity to demonstrate to the world the effectiveness of its anti-corruption program."

Typical Two-Faced Scumbag Tactics:

"The Prosecutor-General's Office of Ukraine is planning neither to arrest nor to extradite Mikheil Saakashvili, Ukrainian Prosecutor-General Yuriy Lutsenko said at the 14th Yalta European Strategy Annual Meeting organized by the Victor Pinchuk Foundation."

"As prosecutor-general, I will tell you loud and clear: Saakashvili will not be arrested in this instance. He cannot be extradited from the country for as long as he holds a permanent residence permit or other documents he presented," he said.

« Last Edit: 14:51 09-Dec-2017 by Reggie »

Offline Дідусь

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1789
  • -Receive: 3949
  • Retired, living near the cognac distillery!
    • Expatua
« Reply #2 on: 18:08 09-Dec-2017 »

Typical Two-Faced Scumbag Tactics:

Absolutely spot on.

His wife (and others):

"When surrounded by the dark void of the wilfully blind, it does not excuse those that are a spark of light their duty to shine" - Pompey Nik

Online Fraucha

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2619
  • -Receive: 4089
  • I have equal disrespect for everyone.
    • Sundra-Tanakoh
« Reply #3 on: 18:23 09-Dec-2017 »
"With the winter season in the capital?s boutiques, new collections of famous brands. So, they are already in Parliament."

Love those Chinese knockoffs.

Fraking RADA porkers don't know what real money is. Retards.
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 09:29 »

Thousands rally demanding Saakashvili's release in Ukraine

"The authorities have crossed a red line. You don't put opponents in prison," said Saakashvili's wife, Sandra Roelofs, as marchers brandished anti-government and anti-corruption slogans as well as banners depicting Poroshenko behind bars.

Saakashvili was president of Georgia from 2004 to 2013 but acquired Ukrainian nationality and served as a governor in Ukraine before falling out with Poroshenko.

"I am very afraid that our government is about to collapse. Ukraine is headed for the abyss, the people are getting ever poorer. Corruption is everywhere and the authorities do nothing," one marcher, Nikolai Sharapa, 58, told AFP.

Online David Rochlin

• Vip Lounge member
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 817
  • -Receive: 1161
  • Statue of the Motherland
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 12:00 »
Perhaps Ukraine will, ironically, hand over Saakashvili in a prisoner exchange with Russia.  They would be glad to see him.  Roshen chocolates won't be as sweet this season.  Stale, Kyiv Cake is back in style.

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 18:22 »
Saakashvili in holding tank of prison talking to reporters (partly in English).