Author Topic: What types of properties require paying an annual Property tax in Ukraine?  (Read 243 times)

Offline Paulenko

• Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 54
  • -Receive: 26
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
I have read on a few occasions that only certain types of properties require the owners to pay an annual property tax. But what are the types of properties that do require an annual property tax to be paid? and what are the types of properties that do not require any tax to be paid after having been bought?

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1199
  • -Receive: 956
  • 100% Against jellied eels

Good question.   About 2 years back there was talk of implementing a 100 sqm tax on real estate.  I.e., if your purchase was more than 100 sq.  meters, they'd tax you; it didn't go into effect at that time, but it's not clear if it has since then.  Better to ask a realtor (or better, a notary).  But now you have a question to ask.

The smart money at that time was buying 99 sq. met. and lower to avoid the rule.

Offline Paulenko

• Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 54
  • -Receive: 26
@Reggie, that's interesting. I hope that tax on property that is 100 sqm or more has not been realised, we don't like tax! ;D I will ask about that, the next time I speak to a realtor or a notary. But I have definitely read online that certain types of properties in Ukraine do have an annual property tax that must be paid. The only thing is, is that the articles that said this, failed to explain what types of properties require a tax to be paid. Anyway, it's food for thought.
« Last Edit: 03:07 06-Jul-2017 by Paulenko »

Offline frank1010

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 169
  • -Receive: 242
Wasn't it common sense to get an expert certificate showing the real sqm of your appartment in order to avoid excessive taxes?