Author Topic: Black Feminist Festival Bans White People  (Read 273 times)

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1113
  • -Receive: 862
  • 100% Against jellied eels
Black Feminist Festival Bans White People
« on: 17:30 30-May-2017 »
I'm posting this because it seems people are itching to talk about something like this. 

Paris Mayor: Black Feminist Festival Is Racist Against White People -
 Lucy Westcott,Newsweek 20 hours ago -
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Anne Hidalgo, the Paris mayor, has caused a firestorm on social media after calling for a black feminist festival to be banned from the city because it is ?prohibited to white people.?

The festival, which is due to run from July 28 to 30, describes itself as ?an event rooted in black feminism, activism, and on [a] European scale.? Around 80 percent of spaces at the festival will be solely reserved for black women, while one space will be for ?black people of all genders? and another will be an ?open space to all races and genders.? The aim of the festival, according to its Facebook page, is to ?build long-term strategies and solidarities? for black women, as well as holding debates on postcolonial feminism and other topics.

Hidalgo said on Sunday that she firmly condemned the festival and reserves the right ?to prosecute the organizers for discrimination.? Her remarks came days after Wallerand de Saint-Just, the regional head of Marine Le Pen?s National Front party, asked Hidalgo on Twitter why the city was planning an event ?promoting a concept that is blatantly racist.?

Online David Rochlin

• Vip Lounge member
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 811
  • -Receive: 1130
  • Statue of the Motherland
Re: Black Feminist Festival Bans White People
« Reply #1 on: 19:19 30-May-2017 »
A topically similar story of black student groups demanding white students stay off campus for a day at Evergreen college, in the US.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Danno99

• Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 35
« Reply #2 on: 03:29 13-Jul-2017 »
I dont have a problem with people wanting to gather with "their" people, it is normal really doesn't bother me in the least except that Whites are prevented from having clubs, dorms fraternity groups and festivals. 

What we need to avoid is Govt playing a role in exclusionary activity.
Montaigne's axiom: "Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."

Offline kyivkpic

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1324
  • -Receive: 1261
« Reply #3 on: 19:48 11-Aug-2017 »
This and most incidents like this are simply childish university students (and people with nothing productive to do) who need to grow the Frak up and get an actual education and learn to be enlightened human and how to contribute to the economy and earn a living instead of learning how to continue being children and being pathetically pretentious and indignant about poop all the time. This goes for both sides. Black, white, left, right, poor, rich, whatever...

Universities have become a joke in the U.S. and Canada and a giant financial black hole. Only a small minority are in science, technology, engineering or math (i think this stands for medical as well, or at least it should imo) and the rest of the students spend their time unintelligibly pursing the indeterminate. 
Твоя голова всегда в ответе за то, куда сядет твой зад.

Offline Danno99

• Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 35
« Reply #4 on: 03:45 12-Aug-2017 »
I think you under estimate this growing movement as childish.
Much of this is based in a broad academic field now with a host of educators and far left academics which have free reign and are free from having their crap challenged.
  What we have is a joining of two things 1) Low achievement groups 2) Academic citadels of blame. 
Montaigne's axiom: "Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."