Author Topic: Saakashvilli"s Citizenship Revoked: Poroshenko Vs. Democracy?  (Read 666 times)

Offline Дідусь

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1789
  • -Receive: 3954
  • Retired, living near the cognac distillery!
    • Expatua
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The next Presidential Election isn't scheduled until March 2019, almost two years away.

And what will come after Poroshenko (if there will be a change at all)? The oligarchs will be clinging to power anyway ...

Poroshenko stood on the Maidan stage promising to stamp out corruption. Over time, there has been very little progress prompting thoughts as to whether the man himself is corrupt OR, most likely, he hasn't the balls to make the effort. Saakashvili has been naming names, feeding Poroshenko with people who should be investigated, many so obviously corrupt. These promptings have been totally ignored.

"When surrounded by the dark void of the wilfully blind, it does not excuse those that are a spark of light their duty to shine" - Pompey Nik

Online Fraucha

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2621
  • -Receive: 4090
  • I have equal disrespect for everyone.
    • Sundra-Tanakoh
The next Presidential Election isn't scheduled until March 2019, almost two years away.

And what will come after Poroshenko (if there will be a change at all)? The oligarchs will be clinging to power anyway ...

Poroshenko stood on the Maidan stage promising to stamp out corruption. Over time, there has been very little progress prompting thoughts as to whether the man himself is corrupt OR, most likely, he hasn't the balls to make the effort. Saakashvili has been naming names, feeding Poroshenko with people who should be investigated, many so obviously corrupt. These promptings have been totally ignored.

Wonka will not get my vote next time around...and surely not Yulia....I don't see much choice in the future.
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Offline Дідусь

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
    • Expatua

Wonka will not get my vote next time around...and surely not Yulia....I don't see much choice in the future.

Saakashvili ........... if he can make it back.

"When surrounded by the dark void of the wilfully blind, it does not excuse those that are a spark of light their duty to shine" - Pompey Nik

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1283
  • -Receive: 1038
  • 100% Against jellied eels

The Babushka that slapped the dishonest grocer with the rotten fish will probably get my vote.  It's come down to that.  I like her spirit.

« Last Edit: 23:03 03-Aug-2017 by Reggie »

Online Fraucha

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
    • Sundra-Tanakoh

The Babushka that slapped the dishonest grocer with the rotten fish will probably get my vote.  It's come down to that.  I like her spirit.

I like the blind Babushka on TV, except she is Russian, so she can't be our next President....but after Putin is thrown out of office...
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Offline Paulenko

• Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 54
  • -Receive: 26
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
Saakashvili has a backbone and he wasn't afraid to name the names of the corrupt. In fact, about a year ago, I clearly remember Saakashvili calling out Arsen Avakov for his corrupt ways at a government meeting which was filmed, only for Saakashvili to get a glass of water thrown at him and a barage of expletives from Avakov.

Here is the clip of that meeting with English subs: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

What is also interesting about this meeting is how pathetic and weak Poroshenko came across. Also the fact that Yatsenyuk took Avakov's side. It would appear that they're all knee deep in corruption. Although I am in favor of Poroshenko's eagerness to strengthen ties with Europe, there is little doubt that this man is corrupt and that he stripped Saakashvili of citizenship as he saw him as a serious threat to him and his party. Saakashvili had also formed strong relations with another politician Andriy Sadovyi(Mayor of Lviv) who is also well known for his anti-corruption stance. Sadovyi is incidently one of the most popular politicians in Ukraine and another potential threat to Poroshenko's leadership. He is the leader of the Self Reliance party. Staying in power is Poroshenko's primary objective and he will do whatever it takes to keep hold of his position. On a more positive note, it seems as though his popularity is waning amongst the Ukrainian people.

Online Fraucha

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
    • Sundra-Tanakoh
Poroshenko had his chance, he stepped up to the plate and benched himself. I would hope someone else is given the chance to run this country properly....NOT Julia either.

Offline Дідусь

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
    • Expatua
Poroshenko had his chance, he stepped up to the plate and benched himself. I would hope someone else is given the chance to run this country properly....NOT Julia either.

Agreed. Not Julia especially.

Poroshenko took on Saakashvili as Governor to the Odessa oblast which does not imply he has any special privileges. Of course, this did give him a better opportunity to see what went on around him, especially what the odious Mayor Trukhanov and his cohorts were up to, involved in and where. For example, the ports, airport, prime real estate and farmland. As you can imagine, this "business" involves Kyiv. Saakashvili identified many of the areas of corruption and named names. All efforts to have Kyiv take action fell on deaf ears. In fact, it was as if Kyiv purposely avoided any investigations.

It seems to me, Saakashvili was simply TOO GOOD and was not tasked by Poroshenko with identifying those stealing from Ukraine and its citizens.

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1283
  • -Receive: 1038
  • 100% Against jellied eels

I'll add to that, not Julia.   Amen to that.