Author Topic: Ukraine to produce American M16 rifle  (Read 704 times)

Offline Danno99

• Expat VS
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 24
Re: Ukraine to produce American M16 rifle
« Reply #15 on: 19:04 02-Mar-2017 »
Speaking of guns..... what are the brief gun rights in Ukraine. I have read a number of things, some contradictory.

SOme years back I hosted 2 Ukrainian guys who were here on some business exchange for a few weeks.

One was an avid outdoorsman, very fond of archery.

He bought a black powder revolver while here, and tried to bring it back, I never heard if it made it.

Montaigne's axiom: "Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 654
  • -Receive: 540
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
« Reply #16 on: 00:46 03-Mar-2017 »

For Ukrainian citizens:  Smoothbore (shotguns) and hunting rifles (bolt action) allowed.  Long song and dance before gov., and $, to get permit.

For Non-Ukranians: Ownership is not allowed.

Handguns and all other tactical weapons (e.g. AK47):  Restricted to special classes of people: cops, judges, prosecutors, lawyers.   

All lawful owners are required to have a gun safe in their house and have it inspected by the police.

This is the short version.

Online Fraucha

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2339
  • -Receive: 3631
  • I have equal disrespect for everyone.
    • Sundra-Tanakoh
« Reply #17 on: 07:21 03-Mar-2017 »
No matter how much I tried to keep my M-16 clean it jammed often. Maybe it was the moisture I don't know..but if Ukraine is going to produce them, then I expect a truly crappy version. Eventually a knife was the best.
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Online Tnic

• My own TITLE? omg, omg, omg.....
  • Vip Lounge member
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2557
  • -Receive: 1066
  • Gainfully unemployed
« Reply #18 on: 12:39 03-Mar-2017 »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
No matter how much I tried to keep my M-16 clean it jammed often. Maybe it was the moisture I don't know..but if Ukraine is going to produce them, then I expect a truly crappy version. Eventually a knife was the best.

Or just buy an AK variant (or 2).  ;)

30 years of consistently punching the 10 ring with a Military M 16 (a real assault rifle, btw), but if it comes to going to war I'll take my cheapo WASR 10 or the N PAP (AK) any day.  Those I can (and have) throw in the dirt, drag it around, shake out the crud and come up shooting.  And still punch the 10 ring, only make a bigger hole.
The next wave of fascism will come disguised as anti-fascism.

Offline Danno99

• Expat VS
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 24
« Reply #19 on: 15:27 31-Mar-2017 »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

For Ukrainian citizens:  Smoothbore (shotguns) and hunting rifles (bolt action) allowed.  Long song and dance before gov., and $, to get permit.

For Non-Ukranians: Ownership is not allowed.

Handguns and all other tactical weapons (e.g. AK47):  Restricted to special classes of people: cops, judges, prosecutors, lawyers.   

All lawful owners are required to have a gun safe in their house and have it inspected by the police.

This is the short version.

Thanks Reggie, I often see people post pics of SKS and even various  models of the AK platform used for hunting. (Posted on VK and similar boards).
Montaigne's axiom: "Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."