Author Topic: Having a baby in Kharkiv  (Read 249 times)

Online Darren Jones

• Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 78
Having a baby in Kharkiv
« on: 18:26 28-Feb-2017 »
Looks like baby 1 is on her/his way   :)

We do not fancy having the baby in the Svatove state hospital so re looking at Kharkov. We can afford to go private and will move here about a month before the baby is due as its a bad and long drive to get here.

Anyone have any good suggestions of clinics in Kharkov from experience?

Offline Jmoscow3

• Expat VS
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 20
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
Re: Having a baby in Kharkiv
« Reply #1 on: 13:14 02-Mar-2017 »
Congratulations!I just had my first in November! I gave birth in the 1st birth house and I highly recommend it. My doctor was fantastic and I highly recommend her. Message me if you'd like her info. preferred the state hospitals because I had a healthy pregnancy and I wanted an all natural birth with no medicines. They really support this there. They have also participated in a USAID program and the doctors and nurses are very well trained and knowledgable. This is also the only birth house that will do birth certificates as well. We paid the doctor personally $400 and the rest was under 2000 grivnas for private room and my husband stayed as well for three days. I went to mostly public hospitals but I went to this clinic a few times and I really liked it. My friend also went here. ЖЕНСКИЙ ДОКТОР ПЛЮС, ЧП,Bahaliia St, 5, Kharkiv. The doctor recommended is Irina Andreevna.

Offline Jmoscow3

• Expat VS
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 20
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
Re: Having a baby in Kharkiv
« Reply #2 on: 13:19 02-Mar-2017 »
I should also say if you end up going public and you are not registered in the area just slip some extra cash  :)