Author Topic: 2019 Predicted to be Bad Year for Ukraine  (Read 144 times)

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1126
  • -Receive: 876
  • 100% Against jellied eels
2019 Predicted to be Bad Year for Ukraine
« on: 20:09 04-Oct-2017 »

Article is detailed and appears here:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Author: Nikolas K. Gvosdev is the Captain Jerome E. Levy chair of economic geography and national security at the Naval War College.

Online David Rochlin

• Vip Lounge member
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 811
  • -Receive: 1132
  • Statue of the Motherland
Re: 2019 Predicted to be Bad Year for Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: 02:31 05-Oct-2017 »
No matter what happens, the salad days of expensive gas are over.   Ukraine can be self sufficient, even export some of its own, for about twenty years.  Germany could develop deep gas and produce its own gas for one hundred years, if they could only get rid of the Green Party.   LPG ocean transit puts a global ceiling on gas prices, so there will be few remaining, captive markets. 
   The gas business is changing from a very profitable business to a commodity business with very low margins.  Ukraine's aging pipelines aren't very efficient in that context.

Offline kyivkpic

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1338
  • -Receive: 1269
« Reply #2 on: 19:55 05-Oct-2017 »

Article is detailed and appears here:

Author: Nikolas K. Gvosdev is the Captain Jerome E. Levy chair of economic geography and national security at the Naval War College.

The good Captain is basically predicting that it may rain next spring.
Твоя голова всегда в ответе за то, куда сядет твой зад.

Online frank1010

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 166
  • -Receive: 232
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
« Reply #3 on: 01:04 06-Oct-2017 »
No matter what happens, the salad days of expensive gas are over.   Ukraine can be self sufficient, even export some of its own, for about twenty years.  Germany could develop deep gas and produce its own gas for one hundred years, if they could only get rid of the Green Party.   LPG ocean transit puts a global ceiling on gas prices, so there will be few remaining, captive markets. 
   The gas business is changing from a very profitable business to a commodity business with very low margins.  Ukraine's aging pipelines aren't very efficient in that context.

Fully agree David. But do act politicians accordingly in this country? I don't see that nor do the people I talk to.... There are a lot of unsolved questions for the future of this country but politicians of all levels keep filling their pockets as if nothing matters.