Author Topic: Home Schooling in Ukraine  (Read 175 times)

Online sosednik

• Expat XO
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 71
  • -Receive: 183
  • Героям слава! Смерть ворогам!
Home Schooling in Ukraine
« on: 20:17 18-Aug-2017 »
Does anyone know about home schooling in Ukraine?

Because of delays in the immigration process to the USA, our little one will still be in the small Ukrainian town when school starts.  She was bullied last year, and has really big stress about going to the school.  The teacher and principal just shrugged their shoulders ...

During the remaining time that my fiancee must stay in Ukraine, it would be better if she could teach her daughter at home.  She happens to have a degree in education, and extensive experience in pre-school.

Her understanding is that it's very difficult to get permission for home schooling in a small town.

If anyone has relevant knowledge about this, please enlighten us!

Thanks

Online Remington

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 212
  • -Receive: 183
Re: Home Schooling in Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: 23:46 18-Aug-2017 »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
During the remaining time that my fiancee must stay in Ukraine, it would be better if she could teach her daughter at home.  She happens to have a degree in education, and extensive experience in pre-school.

Ukraine does allow home-schooling but its often a struggle getting approval from the school administrator.  I doubt it'll be a problem to get a permission for homeschooling since your fiancee is an educator.

Offline kyivkpic

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1384
  • -Receive: 1311
Re: Home Schooling in Ukraine
« Reply #2 on: 19:51 19-Aug-2017 »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Does anyone know about home schooling in Ukraine?

Because of delays in the immigration process to the USA, our little one will still be in the small Ukrainian town when school starts.  She was bullied last year, and has really big stress about going to the school.  The teacher and principal just shrugged their shoulders ...

Her understanding is that it's very difficult to get permission for home schooling in a small town.

If anyone has relevant knowledge about this, please enlighten us!

Thanks

My wife and I are looking into homeschooling too. She has a teaching license too. Im sure it like everything ing Ukraine. Who you know and maybe some cash :/
Твоя голова всегда в ответе за то, куда сядет твой зад.