Author Topic: Taking dog out of Ukraine - paperwork  (Read 150 times)

af1402, Icecube and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online af1402

• Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
Taking dog out of Ukraine - paperwork
« on: 12:02 03-Sep-2017 »
I will be travelling with my dog out of Ukraine soon. I understand I have to get a certificate from a national agency, but am unclear where to go. Any guidance will be much appreciated! Thanks!

Offline Дідусь

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1658
  • -Receive: 3832
  • Retired, living near the cognac distillery!
    • Expatua
Re: Taking dog out of Ukraine - paperwork
« Reply #1 on: 12:26 03-Sep-2017 »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I will be travelling with my dog out of Ukraine soon. I understand I have to get a certificate from a national agency, but am unclear where to go. Any guidance will be much appreciated! Thanks!

I'll add this link to both your posts!

Bringing pets into/ out from Ukraine

Regulation on entering Ukraine with a pet is rather simple. If you are a citizen of the country with appropriate (low) level of rabies, your dog or cat should have such documents as the following:

documental proof of taking all relevant shots not earlier than 30 days before entering the border;
Ukrainian International Health Certificate.
Dogs should be immunized annually against distemper, rabies, hepatitis, parvovirus, leptospirosis and parainfluenza.
"When surrounded by the dark void of the wilfully blind, it does not excuse those that are a spark of light their duty to shine" - Pompey Nik

Online Claymore

• Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #2 on: 16:05 03-Sep-2017 »
I've done it 3 times with kind of dodgy papers.
As I understand it you need this:

Microship
Passport. Important to get the correct passport
Rabies shot
Rabies check, that should be done at least 30 days after the rabies shot and the test takes up to 30 days.
Some other shot, don't remember the name of it.
A paper from the state veterinary that says that the dog is of significant value to Ukraine, or something like that.

The main problem is the rabies test. But I managed to take out two dogs without it. I asked the vet in East of Ukraine to help me backdate the rabies shot. I was going by train to Poland and nobody asked for it. That was 2014 and 2015.

This year I asked some volunteers to help me with the test, state vet papers and transport from Kyiv to Warzaw. Don't know if everything was by the book here either but it worked.

Now I'm back with my two dogs that now has EU passports so I hope I won't get in any trouble when I go back to EU with them.

As few vets here speak English it's hard to tell if I am doing the correct procedure.

Online af1402

• Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: 09:49 04-Sep-2017 »
Thanks both! However, my main question is where do I actually have to go to get the state veterinary certificate? I have everything else.

Thanks!

Online Claymore

• Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #4 on: 11:19 04-Sep-2017 »
Are your dog from Ukraine or did you bring him here?

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1007
  • -Receive: 800
  • 100% Against jellied eels
« Reply #5 on: 15:09 04-Sep-2017 »
Thanks both! However, my main question is where do I actually have to go to get the state veterinary certificate? I have everything else.

Thanks!
State Vet:

I took my dog to a Zoo hospital (Vet) near Vishnova (1 Km) outside of Kyiv.   Across the hall from the private vet, they had a state Vet (animal doctor).  I realize that Vishnova isn't the ideal place to go, but hey there you go.  They have one there.   Just google it; it was by the railroad tracks if I remember correctly.   

Online af1402

• Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: 15:48 04-Sep-2017 »
For future reference:

I just spoke to the airport vet office, and the address of the state veterinary where you have to complete the form three days before travel is: Volynska Street 12. There they will fill out Form #1, and then you go to Terminal D, where they will then issue an international certificate in English.

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 17:12 by af1402 »