Author Topic: Postal staff are being supplied ?1,000 per week to steal Bank Cards  (Read 115 times)

Offline SteveH

• Vip Lounge member
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 973
  • -Receive: 242
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Undercover BBC reporter confronts publish fraud gang member

Postal staff are being supplied ?1,000 per week to steal financial institution Bank cards, a BBC investigation has discovered.

On-line adverts provide large sums to tempt Royal Mail employees to intercept letters containing playing cards and PINs.

Greater than 11,000 individuals within the UK have been affected by one of these fraud in 2016, the place financial institution Bank cards are stolen in transit, in line with UK Finance.

Online Tnic

• My own TITLE? omg, omg, omg.....
  • Vip Lounge member
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2816
  • -Receive: 1197
  • Gainfully unemployed
That would be why my bank (TD Bank) sends the cards and PINs in separate envelopes. 
One out of three Hillary voters are just as crazy as the other two.

Offline Дідусь

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1658
  • -Receive: 3832
  • Retired, living near the cognac distillery!
    • Expatua
That would be why my bank (TD Bank) sends the cards and PINs in separate envelopes.

All UK banks send the two separately. I would imagine every bank in every country sends the cards and pins separately.
"When surrounded by the dark void of the wilfully blind, it does not excuse those that are a spark of light their duty to shine" - Pompey Nik

Online frank1010

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 161
  • -Receive: 212
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
At least IN Europe I can confirm that cards and Pin nbrs are being sent separately....

Offline Дідусь

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1658
  • -Receive: 3832
  • Retired, living near the cognac distillery!
    • Expatua
Here is the ORIGINAL article which was bastardised in the linked report which seems to report only a portion of the original. Although copied from the BBC report, much has been changed to give the impression it is their ne2y reporter.

Confirming TWO letters. When I switched banks, I received my credit card by COURIER and had to sign for it. The PIN arrived in a plain envelope by mail, 5 days later. There was no mention on either letter as to who the sender might be.

"If you open up a new account you're going to get your card and you're going to get your PIN, right? Two letters, that's all it is.
"We do that, you intercept the letters, bring them back to us, you get paid."

"When surrounded by the dark void of the wilfully blind, it does not excuse those that are a spark of light their duty to shine" - Pompey Nik