Author Topic: One Born Every Minute  (Read 203 times)

Offline BritKyiv

• Still own property in Ukraine
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 56
  • -Receive: 407
One Born Every Minute
« on: 14:59 26-Sep-2017 »
Another MUG.
Why are these people so stupid?
'He reported her missing to police, concerned for her well-being as she was coming from a dangerous part of the world.'

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I escaped. Now in Sunny Cyprus

Offline Дідусь

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1842
  • -Receive: 3985
  • Retired, living near the cognac distillery!
    • Expatua
Re: One Born Every Minute
« Reply #1 on: 16:54 26-Sep-2017 »
Another MUG.
'He reported her missing to police, concerned for her well-being as she was coming from a dangerous part of the world.'

Indeed. Mr Monk reported this earlier!

"When surrounded by the dark void of the wilfully blind, it does not excuse those that are a spark of light their duty to shine" - Pompey Nik

Online Reggie

• Vip Lounge member
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1399
  • -Receive: 1160
  • 100% Against jellied eels
Re: One Born Every Minute
« Reply #2 on: 19:06 26-Sep-2017 »
Another MUG.

Love makes people dumb.  And the courtship process requires some blind acts of trust.   I'm not sure the news story above fits into those categories; those are just general statements.

I will say this, and I have to be careful about how I word it:

I DO NOT intend this in a racist way against African Americans.  And I DO NOT intend this as a generalization of ALL Ukrainians.

Time-&-Time-Again, I have gotten this feeling that SOME (many?) Ukrainians, have the same behavioral characteristics as under-educated inner-city, young Black males in America.  Certainly not in all respects; but in several:

-  Failure to take responsibility for anything, including their own behavior.
-  Reflexive shifting the blame to others.
-  Rampant excuse making.
-  The first few words out of their mouths will be lies.
-  Petty rip-off scams are common among them.

Believe me, I don't get any joy out of stereotypes.  I mean this as a broad and imperfect sociological observation (which means one has to generalize -- that's what "sociology" is, the study of general human behavioral patterns).  Apologies in advance to African Americans that don't fit in this category (I know there are many) and to responsible Ukrainians.  I know it's unfair for them to deal with over broad generalizations.   

But to my mind, there is some similar behavioral overlap when it comes to shared antisocial traits common in those populations.   

BTW, let's have a picture of the Princess, maybe someone will recognize her.   Scamming people that have good motives (no matter how dumb they are) is still horrible behavior.
« Last Edit: 19:33 26-Sep-2017 by Reggie »
Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.