Author Topic: Winter is coming!!! Something to do!  (Read 460 times)

Offline mrdwesty

• Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
Re: Winter is coming!!! Something to do!
« Reply #15 on: 23:43 02-Nov-2017 »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login   is one of the best ones that I've found.  It's morphed several times (123movies.tu and 123moviesHD.tu) and this is the current version.

It's my android tablet with kodi installed casting to a google chromecast, along with my sister's Netflix password via an amazon firestick for me!

Damned Amazon have me geo-blocked for Amazon Prime video, though, so that's getting cancelled.

Online Tnic

• My own TITLE? omg, omg, omg.....
  • Vip Lounge member
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2976
  • -Receive: 1278
  • Gainfully unemployed
« Reply #16 on: 07:44 03-Nov-2017 »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login   is one of the best ones that I've found.  It's morphed several times (123movies.tu and 123moviesHD.tu) and this is the current version.

It's my android tablet with kodi installed casting to a google chromecast, along with my sister's Netflix password via an amazon firestick for me!

Damned Amazon have me geo-blocked for Amazon Prime video, though, so that's getting cancelled.

I run Opera with VPN (Location USA) enabled.  A-Prime works tho connection speeds can affect viewing pleasure at times.
One out of three Hillary voters are just as crazy as the other two.

Online Fraucha

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2583
  • -Receive: 4033
  • I have equal disrespect for everyone.
    • Sundra-Tanakoh
« Reply #17 on: 12:19 14-Nov-2017 »
So, I went over Hearthstone. After some reflection it is extremely expensive to play. Sure you can play for a very very long time for free but, if you wanna play with the big boys then you have to spend money on more cards. Yeah, well, ok. Moving on....

None-the-less Winter is still coming, and if you are interested...

Let's look at a few other Blizzard games that are next to zero when it comes to spending money...and getting MORE bang for your buck.

Both games are playable on PC and MAC. Can be live streaming depending on which mode you are in a mood for at the moment.

World of Warcraft (WoW). $15. a month for unlimited play and you can save $ by buying ahead of time. But $15 is still dirt cheap. What do you get? A great game! You may create up to 50 characters over multiple servers, play 24/7.

Servers are broken into several Global Play Regions: You can play in any region regardless of where you live, lag is usually NOT a problem.

Americas for players in North America, Latin America, South America, Australia, and New Zealand.

Europe for players in the European Union, Eastern Europe, Russia, Africa, and the Middle East.

Asia for players in South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau.

CHINA: And we are NOT allowed to access their servers. Period.

Now keep in mind Blizzard has streamlined this set up to reflect in all of their games, including Starcraft -- As of today Starcraft II is now just Starcraft, Classic Starcraft, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, Overwatch, WoW.  You may play in whatever region you want but for the most part your accomplishments and loot DO NOT transfer from Region to Region. WoW on the other hand has you sign in to a region and that is the one you are stuck in. So I play in the Americas, I can not transfer my account to EU. Starcraft etc. I can easy peasy but ofcourse no loot and gold follows.

So if you sign up or into WoW choose carefully. Each region and multiple servers(Realms) to play on and as of today it looks like 120. (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) I could spend hours on what it used to be and how they combined some etc. But pffft   120 is good enough and many of them are linked to other realms so that you can always find someone to play with if you need help.  Currently I have 2 active realms and 2 spillovers that are linked to my mains. 22 Characters. actively log into 5? I think.

WoW is easy, fun, lots to do, has a huge backstory and history and basically lots of fun to play. I have not regretted a single moment of the past 13 years of playing and testing for Blizzard. You will have loads of fun in solo mode here and when you are ready to go co-op because a quest is just too hard. you will find people to help you. There are instanced dungeons and raids that require more people and a system for finding additional players as well as joining a guild. Blizzard and their instanced servers for events is nothing short of brilliant when compared to the old days when I was testing Sony's Everquest....Jesus that was a PITA. 

Big changes in WoW's pricing structure means you can get ALL but the latest expansions for $15/15euros. So to get started, all you need to do is set up a BattleNet account and load in the the World of Warcraft starter for 15. This includes the Original start up and the following expansions that I paid $60 each for: The Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm, Mists of Pandaria & Warlords of Draenor.  The latest expansion is "Legion" $45/45euro -- you are not going to need this yet. And a new expansion just announced called Battle for Azeroth (date TBD). More here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

So what else is there?  Starcraft II...... oh Yeah, MANY people played STARCRAFT. It is huge and in Asia it seemed like every boy played it at some point. Big money here in e-sports. Blizzard Upgraded Starcraft to Starcraft 2, dumped support for old SC. Sold you 3 Starcraft 2 expansions and the game has been going strong but popularity like in all games is up and down. SC has a HUGE backstory and history.

TODAY (November 14th....wait until the 15th in EU)  Starcraft 2, is now free to play, meaning you get the first two campaigns for free. You can buy the third and a special battle pack but it is not necessary. The two campaigns Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Storm will keep you busy and you can add Legacy of the Void for $15 or so, the Nova Battle expansion is around $9. Explained here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I love SC2 it is a lovely game and damn difficult if you are not careful. Old original Starcraft has been remastered and released on BattleNet(Blizzard's Gateway to their game client). I think this was a smart move on their part. You will spend far less money than before, since the bulk of the game is free.  Blizzard is making so much money it isn't funny and they can afford to weather the player base flux and pass this game to everyone. So, yeah this a free game.

Both of these games are playable solo and when you need help there is always someone online to help you or you can help them. For the most part the player bases for these two games are very friendly, and if you want a bit of poop talking there is more than enough of that too. There is co-op, multiplayer and ranked play in SC. No shortage of players. I play on the EU server in SC and started in Asia but I think I need to speak Korean...

There is just too much to say about those two games. But Blizzard also has Heroes of the Storm which is much like DOTA 2, and good old Diablo III, which is pretty cool and very dark if you want a cool dark story line. Played Heroes for a few weeks, solo, ranked and co-op play...Meh.  Diablo is pretty nice, great graphics, ranked and co-op play if you want, good story, easy to play.

But if I had my choice and I do...WoW and Starcraft, in that order ---- fantasy and sci-fi they have you covered.

Nope not getting paid for this. Just offering something up. You can google each game in wiki or go to Blizzard's sites for better information and cool graphics.

« Last Edit: 14:08 14-Nov-2017 by Fraucha »
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Online Tnic

• My own TITLE? omg, omg, omg.....
  • Vip Lounge member
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2976
  • -Receive: 1278
  • Gainfully unemployed
« Reply #18 on: 15:24 14-Nov-2017 »
I'll stick with The-West (.net)

Can play for free on multiple servers OR spend $50 on Nuggets that last me for 2-3 months unless I get crazy for a new dueling set during a holiday event.

You can do Fort Battles with a group,
OK Corral type gun fighting (also with a group),
Dueling other players on your own (I'm a bounty hunter, btw),
do jobs and craft items for your town (or sell for a profit) and
work jobs for XP & $$.

If you join and play Fairbank look for Kriss P Bacon.
« Last Edit: 15:36 14-Nov-2017 by Tnic »
One out of three Hillary voters are just as crazy as the other two.