Author Topic: Malaysian mouse going after muscovite elephant  (Read 563 times)

Offline cc3

• Vip Lounge member
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 512
  • -Receive: 771
How far will the Malaysians go? I suspect as far as it takes to receive a substantial bribe from Putin to shutup:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

"But if history teaches anything, it teaches that simpleminded appeasement or wishful thinking about our adversaries is folly. It means the betrayal of our past, the squandering of our freedom."

Ronald Reagan

Offline kyivkpic

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1277
  • -Receive: 1209
Re: Malaysian mouse going after muscovite elephant
« Reply #1 on: 18:43 30-Sep-2016 »
I thought it was the Dutch who are leading the investigation and legal actions. Despite their size, the Dutch have a lot of weight.
Твоя голова всегда в ответе за то, куда сядет твой зад.

Online David Rochlin

• Vip Lounge member
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 796
  • -Receive: 1096
  • Statue of the Motherland
« Reply #2 on: 23:16 30-Sep-2016 »
This is the investigation result, but how bad actors can be apprehended, prosecuted or held accountable is something undetermined.  And of course Putin will eventually pin medals on them.  There will be lawsuits, but Putin will threaten retaliation against assets owned by foreigners in Russia.  Putin finances the right wing parties in Netherlands and Dutch companies  and citizens have way more than average investments in Russia.  So, Netherlands is foot dragging.

Offline jbenet

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 800
  • -Receive: 647
  • Death to (your name here)!
« Reply #3 on: 18:32 20-Mar-2017 »
Anyone else seen the analysis lately that Putin might be getting ready to admit financial responsibility in the Hague trial for the shoot down? Turns out his only way out of that trial it to admit supplying the BUK, but using the law on terrorism financing as a defense that it was not Russia's "intent" for civilians to be killed with it?

Online David Rochlin

• Vip Lounge member
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 796
  • -Receive: 1096
  • Statue of the Motherland
« Reply #4 on: 22:14 20-Mar-2017 »
I think they can use "Intent" as a defense, claiming there was no intent in addition to categorically denying they were the source of the missile and launcher.  The legal argument would then be that they didn't supply the weapon, but for those haters who do not accept the word of the Russian government, "Intent" remains a hurdle to be overcome. 
They can then drag everything out more years, and eventually pay some compensation.   Putin would then pin the inevitable medals onto the "Glorious heroes" just hours after paying the victim's families.   
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login