Author Topic: Russia's Military Options in Ukraine  (Read 379 times)

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1124
  • -Receive: 868
  • 100% Against jellied eels
Russia's Military Options in Ukraine
« on: 02:57 21-Mar-2017 »
direct link if video doesn't show: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Online Fraucha

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2531
  • -Receive: 3955
  • I have equal disrespect for everyone.
    • Sundra-Tanakoh
Re: Russia's Military Options in Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: 07:12 21-Mar-2017 »
Two years old, move on.
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Offline AkMike

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1799
  • -Receive: 1359
« Reply #2 on: 07:28 21-Mar-2017 »
I saw something yesterday that said Moscow wasexpected to cut 25% of their military budget this year. They're hurting financially so these options shown aren't viable today. That Kerch Bridge is a waste of time because a storm that hit there 2 days ago washed out some of their hardware. But at least it's draining them faster.
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Online David Rochlin

• Vip Lounge member
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 811
  • -Receive: 1130
  • Statue of the Motherland
« Reply #3 on: 08:20 21-Mar-2017 »
I saw something yesterday that said Moscow wasexpected to cut 25% of their military budget this year. They're hurting financially so these options shown aren't viable today. That Kerch Bridge is a waste of time because a storm that hit there 2 days ago washed out some of their hardware. But at least it's draining them faster.

Online Jay

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 635
  • -Receive: 250
« Reply #4 on: 09:45 21-Mar-2017 »

I did suggest it would be helpful if Moby was driving across when it washed away !!! ;D

Online Jay

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 635
  • -Receive: 250
« Reply #5 on: 10:00 21-Mar-2017 »
The Russians are all but out of money. They are using pumped numbers to make the figures look ok-- but ..

If  --not the IF-- a little more pressure was exerted now -- and sustained-- something would crack.
What happens with Trump in the US will decide how this unfolds now.

Generalising --I think Putin is resigned to trying to hold onto what he has got . The idea to create another Georgia/Transinistra scenario that stops Ukraine from moving forward  ie buy time for Russia to disrupt and dislocate -- and not lose altogether .
 In other words-- he gets part of what he wanted initially,

For me --I would not accept any compromise . The Ukrainian military has come a long way since 2014 -Russia knows it too. They have flooded  the Donbas with military hardware and munitions.
To remove them without razing the Donbas needs more sophisticated weapons--hence the US aid is required to remove them without a huge loss of lives.
Minsk has served it's purpose -- and still can until Ukraine has sorted out the issues with the US.Then Ukraine can do the world a huge favour in putting the skids under Putin !

Russia cannot sustain an expensive war with a quality opponent.

Online Fraucha

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2531
  • -Receive: 3955
  • I have equal disrespect for everyone.
    • Sundra-Tanakoh
« Reply #6 on: 10:52 21-Mar-2017 »
The Russians are all but out of money. They are using pumped numbers to make the figures look ok-- but ..

If  --not the IF-- a little more pressure was exerted now -- and sustained-- something would crack.
What happens with Trump in the US will decide how this unfolds now

Trump announcing an increase in Military Budget must make the Kremlin think of what happened last time......
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.