Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Planes, trains and automobiles / Re: Steps for Buying a Used Car
« Last Post by Reggie on Today at 02:57 »

@ AKMike. 

Firstly,  a big thanks from me. 

Secondly, I hope all other Expats and future Expats give you a big thanks too (and buy you a cold beer).

Quality response. 

Planes, trains and automobiles / Re: Steps for Buying a Used Car
« Last Post by AkMike on Today at 02:25 »
You've got it pretty well summed up for used cars,Reggie.  For shiney new cars the dealer will have clean ones that are legit. IMO few worries.

Make sure that the vin numbers are checked before purchase! That includes the frame numbers as well as the window tag.

At the time of the registration they'll check the numbers, crawling under the car and if it's 'doctored up' they'll take it away from you on the spot, because it's probably stolen from  some other place in the world.  ::)

I bought my pickup used from a used car dealer in Kyiv. I did my own inspection of all the numbers as well as the mechanical.  it was consigned and the owner wanted cash. (Greenbacks even) The notary handled the transaction paperwork and clipped the corner off the trucks 'passport' to show it was invalid. With paperwork in hand I wandered back home and had my 'fixer guy' handle the new registration.
Planes, trains and automobiles / Steps for Buying a Used Car
« Last Post by Reggie on Today at 01:41 »

I think it would be helpful for any Expats that have bought a used car in Ukraine to list the general steps:

1.  You find a car you want to buy - - - and then?

- - -  Have a mechanic inspect the vehicle?  then go to the Notary?  Pay in cash?  Registering the title?

Probably, it would be useful info for Expats. 

BTW, ran a search on this subject, have a look at the error message (photo).
With a PR you're allowed to bring in household goods and a vehicle tax free within 6 months of getting the PR.  I don't think you can already have in inside UA at the time of the PR and still claim it. But a quick zip trip to the border may solve that... ;)  Maybe?
Dredging up this topic, as I have a bit of confusion....

As to the last few posts, answer me this. If you bring in a
vehicle while having TRP... and then obtain PRP. Is this vehicle
able to be "claimed" when stating relocation?

Or must you then "import it?"

I'm uncomfortable with the title of the thread.  It's not for me to decide whether the title is right or wrong as a matter of law; just that it's not right for me.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

"Defendant appeals from his conviction by a jury in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York. On appeal, Turner argues (1) that the evidence at trial was insufficient to prove that Turner committed a "true threat."  (2) that the district court erred by failing to instruct the jury using language from United States v. Kelner, 534 F.2d 1020 (2d Cir. 1976), regarding "true threats."  - - - We disagree with each of these contentions and therefore AFFIRM [the conviction]."

"Turner admitted that he wrote the blog posts in question, but contended that his statements were mere political hyperbole and did not amount to a threat of violence. Turner also argued that the FBI had advised him, before their relationship was terminated in 2007, that
statements like his blog posts of June 2 and 3, 2009, were constitutionally protected speech."

* Conviction based on political rhetoric posted on a website that "may" be understood to intimidate, or cause interference with  performance of judicial duties or to retaliate against them on account of their performance of official duties.

Special Thank You for the snowflake video.   

I can't tell what this thread is about.

It makes me apprehensive because it talks about the death of a Federal official, which can (and usually should) start an inquiry.  Not that anybody would be guilty in the manner the title is intended, but probably enough to get people asking questions.

Just for the record, I'm only on this thread because of the snowflake video, and the Pulp Fiction movie references.

Okay.  I'm off of this thread.  Peace out.

A deathwatch is not solicitation of murder nor assasination.  It is more like watching the castle when the king is already dying, for the flag to go to half mast, or other signals indicating a change in the established order, a death vigil...  Other similar situations of reporting on the condition and political implications of sickly politicians being referred to as a "Deathwatch"  have occurred.  My thread is inspired by the Strom Thurmond "Death watch" of some years ago. 

Special Thank You for the snowflake video.   

I can't tell what this thread is about.

It makes me apprehensive because it talks about the death of a Federal official, which can (and usually should) start an inquiry.  Not that anybody would be guilty in the manner the title is intended, but probably enough to get people asking questions.

Just for the record, I'm only on this thread because of the snowflake video, and the Pulp Fiction movie references.

Okay.  I'm off of this thread.  Peace out.   
We should have cut off the trading years ago. And yes, even the pensions....Ukrainian money should not be harvested from folks and used to fight against us or used to finance their everyday crap.

100%.

By the way, the site has been buggy for the last few days.   Says "Simple Machines Forum" instead of "Expatua" at the top left.   Doesn't return to the homepage.  "Quote" and "Thank You" features were not working; looks like working now.   

Just thought I'd pass that along to you, and you can pass it along.   Don't want to start a thread for that. 

This is my favorite Trump Scream from a snowflake in my own beloved State of Washington:
This is not, Evergreen College.

Closer to being on topic:
SCOTUS Judge Anthony Kennedy may be within one year of retirement:

Kennedy is a swing vote on the court, tilting toward the left, despite being an appointee of the great one, Ronald Reagan. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10