Author Topic: All Russian markets have lost touch with SWIFT  (Read 886 times)

Online Fraucha

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2531
  • -Receive: 3955
  • I have equal disrespect for everyone.
    • Sundra-Tanakoh
Re: All Russian markets have lost touch with SWIFT
« Reply #15 on: 18:19 12-May-2017 »
Yes, turn to China and they will suck Russia dry, slowly, like a long slow death of one drop of blood at a time. Always knowing what is happening but totally unable to do anything about it as they are tied down to China's long game..... I should live so long to see this wondrous event. God knows I have seen enough in my time from a telephone we had to crank and have ice delivered to my house.....yes the final death of Russia would cap off a lifetime of cool events.
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Offline kyivkpic

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1330
  • -Receive: 1262
« Reply #16 on: 20:02 12-May-2017 »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yes, turn to China and they will suck Russia dry, slowly, like a long slow death of one drop of blood at a time. Always knowing what is happening but totally unable to do anything about it as they are tied down to China's long game..... I should live so long to see this wondrous event. God knows I have seen enough in my time from a telephone we had to crank and have ice delivered to my house.....yes the final death of Russia would cap off a lifetime of cool events.

Not the death of Russia but their capitulation at any least. They've contributed precious little to civilization for a century except for murder, fraud, terror and destruction. They are incapable of managing themselves.
Твоя голова всегда в ответе за то, куда сядет твой зад.

Online David Rochlin

• Vip Lounge member
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 811
  • -Receive: 1132
  • Statue of the Motherland
« Reply #17 on: 22:45 12-May-2017 »
Russia tried to get loans from China before and results limited.  They aren't stupid, you know. Usually, Russia gets Chinese loans in exchange not just for interest and return on investment, but to get technology or resource ownership.   

Online Danno99

• Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 35
« Reply #18 on: 18:57 15-May-2017 »
Unknown.. If they'd done it years ago during the Georgian invasion or sooner they'd have recovered economicly by now and realize that there is limits allowed by civilized society.

If reforming uncivilized societies were so simple we would not be on our third decade with Iraq?
Why not take the success we had with breaking Vietnam, Cuba, Iraq and N.Korea, Libya Iran ....and use those same methods on a pushover like Russia?  :D

Forgive me for saying so but it is almost like this concept of foreign policy is similar to the guy shooting pool who does not consider where the cue ball goes after it makes impact A.

Montaigne's axiom: "Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."

Online David Rochlin

• Vip Lounge member
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: 23:11 15-May-2017 »
The question with Afghanistan and Iraq will not be whether they will be great future tourist destinations for tourists who expect everything to be run like Western countries, but whether the long wars and exposure to the West and voting, some civil liberties, education for girls, will some part of that take and change things there?  UK lost India, but India still has the largest English speaking population in the world.  Maybe these countries will still vote and educate girls, long after Westerners are gone.

Online Danno99

• Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: 04:54 18-May-2017 »
The question with Afghanistan and Iraq will not be whether they will be great future tourist destinations for tourists who expect everything to be run like Western countries, but whether the long wars and exposure to the West and voting, some civil liberties, education for girls, will some part of that take and change things there?  UK lost India, but India still has the largest English speaking population in the world.  Maybe these countries will still vote and educate girls, long after Westerners are gone.

So female student enrollment, is what all these military adventures are about.  ???

Maybe some cultures just dont see that as an important thing, who are we to insist they do it our way?

Online David Rochlin

• Vip Lounge member
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: 10:02 18-May-2017 »
Universal education is something that might possibly survive Western abandonment of Afghanistan and Iraq, though far from a sure thing.  Unfortunately, simply conquering those countries did not have the desired salutory effect.   So, yes, we are definitely there to teach lessons.

Online Danno99

• Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: 00:14 19-May-2017 »
Universal education is something that might possibly survive Western abandonment of Afghanistan and Iraq, though far from a sure thing.  Unfortunately, simply conquering those countries did not have the desired salutory effect.   So, yes, we are definitely there to teach lessons.

we have planted sod nothing more. IF that sod is compatible with the loca environment, it might not be totally dominated by the invasive domestic vegetation.

I suspect that if the culture of Islam and the blood of it's people were so malleable and adaptive it would have imported Western concepts long ago.

After all no one had to carpet bomb them to peek their interest in gaming consoles or cell phones.

Offline kyivkpic

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1330
  • -Receive: 1262
« Reply #23 on: 01:39 19-May-2017 »

we have planted sod nothing more. If that sod is compatible with the loca environment, it might not be totally dominated by the invasive domestic vegetation.

I suspect that if the culture of Islam and the blood of it's people were so malleable and adaptive it would have imported Western concepts long ago.

After all no one had to carpet bomb them to peek their interest in gaming consoles or cell phones.

There were and are secularists in most Islamic countries but the violent religious tendencies of the culture do not allow enlightenment to flourish, IMHO.
The practice of polygamy also leaves a large number of sexless males who get violent. Hence, the endless conflicts within their own societies. Just my theory.

« Last Edit: 06:42 19-May-2017 by kyivkpic »
Твоя голова всегда в ответе за то, куда сядет твой зад.

Online Fraucha

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2531
  • -Receive: 3955
  • I have equal disrespect for everyone.
    • Sundra-Tanakoh
« Reply #24 on: 06:26 19-May-2017 »
The practice of polygamy also leaves a large number of sexless males who get violent. Hence, the endless conflicts within their own societies. Just my theory.

So you are saying that they have a bunch of pent up sexual frustration?

Can't find a girl there Mohamad???  That's what sheep are for.
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1124
  • -Receive: 871
  • 100% Against jellied eels
« Reply #25 on: 11:49 19-May-2017 »
Let's talk about this; it's the most recent thing I found about SWIFT.

Russia creates alternative to SWIFT Banking payment system

Let's not vandalize Mike's thread with polygamy and Al Qaeda.  If you have many wives, it's never SWIFT, unless you feed them salo and play the hammered dulcimer.

Cartoon Thread for some funny stuff:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login     
« Last Edit: 11:52 19-May-2017 by Reggie »