Author Topic: Visa on arrival granted to Chinese Citizen  (Read 1202 times)

Offline AkMike

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1799
  • -Receive: 1361
Re: Visa on arrival granted to Chinese Citizen
« Reply #30 on: 18:31 19-May-2017 »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Most Ukrainian have never taste lobster or Alaska Crab in their life :'(

The crabs taste much better when you pull them out of the water yourself, plop them in a wash tub of ocean water and have a few beers too!

Here the restaurants have a fairly high profit margin but  you need a years worth of operating capital before starting to be able to make it.
« Last Edit: 18:37 19-May-2017 by AkMike »
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Offline youngken

• Expat XO
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 20
« Reply #31 on: 18:43 19-May-2017 »
The crabs taste much better when you pull them out of the water yourself, plop them in a wash tub of ocean water and have a few beers too!

Eating alive?

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1124
  • -Receive: 871
  • 100% Against jellied eels
« Reply #32 on: 19:32 19-May-2017 »
You said like this means you knows nothing about Chinese cooking :D

Ken, I'm giving you good advice.  If you hear Americans say "Let's Wok the Dog," it's not what you think.    :D
« Last Edit: 19:38 19-May-2017 by Reggie »

Offline AkMike

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1799
  • -Receive: 1361
« Reply #33 on: 20:03 19-May-2017 »
Well, Yes   ;) at least until the water boils over the camp fire on the beach.
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Online Fraucha

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2531
  • -Receive: 3955
  • I have equal disrespect for everyone.
    • Sundra-Tanakoh
« Reply #34 on: 20:18 19-May-2017 »
Food not directly taken from wok.1 star. :)

So Ken have you ever been to China?
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Online Fraucha

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
    • Sundra-Tanakoh
« Reply #35 on: 20:19 19-May-2017 »

Ken, I'm giving you good advice.  If you hear Americans say "Let's Wok the Dog," it's not what you think.    :D

You gotta compete with schwarma stands for fresh dog...
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #36 on: 21:11 19-May-2017 »

I often carry out such subtle modifications to our plov as well BUT only to my own helping. I have also added curry paste from time-to-time

I'm glad to know I'm not alone - not that Plov is bad, but sometimes you want it to be something else. 

And you reminded me, I wouldn't mind a good curry in Ukraine.  Never came across any such place.   I think that would be a winner too.

Offline Дідусь

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1688
  • -Receive: 3875
  • Retired, living near the cognac distillery!
    • Expatua
« Reply #37 on: 21:40 19-May-2017 »
Food not directly taken from wok.1 star. :)

Woks are not used for cooking in Ukraine.  They are used to iron the shirts of hunchbacked babushkas. 

No, Ken. The subtleties of western humour seem lost on you. Relax, it was a joke!  8)

"When surrounded by the dark void of the wilfully blind, it does not excuse those that are a spark of light their duty to shine" - Pompey Nik

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #38 on: 22:41 19-May-2017 »

Ken maybe you will think this is funny: Chinese signs translated into English with Google Translate. 

@ Old Perdun,

From a non-native speaker's point of view, they must wonder if we are high on PCP because there are threads titled "Ruth Bader Ginsburg Deathwatch" with a picture of an angry Black man and Bible verses written underneath (my doing of course  :D ).  The problem with the internet is that sometimes people don't see that a written comment is light-hearted because it's separated from real-world context.  Face-to-face with everyone having a shot of tequila, it would be different. 

Online Fraucha

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
    • Sundra-Tanakoh
« Reply #39 on: 06:56 20-May-2017 »
That's why I drink vodka before I sign on and coffee afterwards.

Offline Tiancai

• Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 64
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
« Reply #40 on: 17:26 22-May-2017 »
Only 2 weeks visa is 2 short for dating unless scam business. Prostitution could make money but you need to be friendly with the police as they are the major investors in this business :D

Dude, do you think the average person has so much time on his hands? The longest you can get off from work in China is about two weeks for Spring Festival (and you gotta be really lucky if your company lets you take all two weeks of it off and not just the first week), not even talking about shorter breaks like May and October "golden weeks". The point is to meet in person and see if there is any point in starting a relationship. Perhaps after they meet in Ukraine, the guy can then invite the girl to China (easy to get a visa for a month or more).

Ukrainian prefer to eat tiny eastern dish than bulky dish. Sushi is quite successful in Ukraine. Without seafood, Korean dish can substitute most of Chinese dish and Korean has a longer history and bigger community in Ukraine.

lol what? The crap they pass for "sushi" in Ukraine and Russia can't even compare to the sushi in China or the U.S., not even talking about Japan. But Ukrainians don't know better, I mean how many Ukrainians have been to Japan (or China/Korea/U.S. for that matter), so they keep buying the crap Russian owned chains like Eurasia or Tanooki are offering them.

The "prefer to eat tiny eastern dish" thing may apply to some Ukrainian women who think gaining an extra pound is the end of the world, but any normal person (especially a healthy guy) would need to eat a normal-sized dish, like what they serve in Mainland China.

I don't see what the problem is, when I was in Prague I was positively surprised to see a lot of small and inexpensive Chinese food restaurants with authentic-tasting food (the owners were all Chinese immigrants), similar to Chinese food in the U.S. I don't see any frickin' reason why we can't have that in Ukraine, except that perhaps other restaurant owners and shawarmen will pay the mafia to cause these Chinese shops trouble, because there is no other way for them to compete with such goodness.

Online Fraucha

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
    • Sundra-Tanakoh
« Reply #41 on: 21:58 22-May-2017 »
Only 2 weeks visa is 2 short for dating unless scam business. Prostitution could make money but you need to be friendly with the police as they are the major investors in this business :D

Dude, do you think the average person has so much time on his hands? The longest you can get off from work in China is about two weeks for Spring Festival (and you gotta be really lucky if your company lets you take all two weeks of it off and not just the first week), not even talking about shorter breaks like May and October "golden weeks". The point is to meet in person and see if there is any point in starting a relationship. Perhaps after they meet in Ukraine, the guy can then invite the girl to China (easy to get a visa for a month or more).

Ukrainian prefer to eat tiny eastern dish than bulky dish. Sushi is quite successful in Ukraine. Without seafood, Korean dish can substitute most of Chinese dish and Korean has a longer history and bigger community in Ukraine.

lol what? The crap they pass for "sushi" in Ukraine and Russia can't even compare to the sushi in China or the U.S., not even talking about Japan. But Ukrainians don't know better, I mean how many Ukrainians have been to Japan (or China/Korea/U.S. for that matter), so they keep buying the crap Russian owned chains like Eurasia or Tanooki are offering them.

The "prefer to eat tiny eastern dish" thing may apply to some Ukrainian women who think gaining an extra pound is the end of the world, but any normal person (especially a healthy guy) would need to eat a normal-sized dish, like what they serve in Mainland China.

I don't see what the problem is, when I was in Prague I was positively surprised to see a lot of small and inexpensive Chinese food restaurants with authentic-tasting food (the owners were all Chinese immigrants), similar to Chinese food in the U.S. I don't see any frickin' reason why we can't have that in Ukraine, except that perhaps other restaurant owners and shawarmen will pay the mafia to cause these Chinese shops trouble, because there is no other way for them to compete with such goodness.

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #42 on: 23:45 22-May-2017 »

Chairman Meow doesn't mind Ukrainian sushi.

But seriously, just don't order anything exotic at the sushi restaurants -- like fish.  Keep it simple; Cucumber, Avocado, Bacon impersonating Tuna. 

What I've seen recently is that they are doing with Sushi what they did with Pizza, adding corn or something strange to it and calling it "Texas Style."  And Ukrainians dig it.  I've tried telling them:  "Japanese would never eat that, or prepare that."  But if it looks cool fancy, they'll order it.