Author Topic: prom invest banka  (Read 280 times)

Offline marceff

• Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
prom invest banka
« on: 14:13 19-May-2017 »
I heard this bank is having problem. It seems that the gov. stopped customers to operate in this bank... to protect customers themselves!
It sounds odd but I received this news from Kiev. Either I misunderstood or I received it wrong.
Does anybody know something about it?

Thanks

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 923
  • -Receive: 743
  • 100% Against jellied eels
Re: prom invest banka
« Reply #1 on: 14:31 19-May-2017 »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I heard this bank is having problem. It seems that the gov. stopped customers to operate in this bank... to protect customers themselves!
It sounds odd but I received this news from Kiev. Either I misunderstood or I received it wrong.

Thanks

Don't know about this.  But wait for when I have energy to write about the problems facing PrivatBank.   

So you Expats reading this, note that there are some serious and under-reported problems with Privat.   

Online Vitaliy50

• Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 42
« Reply #2 on: 15:58 19-May-2017 »
Prominvestbank has been killed off for a while now

Offline EnglishMKyiv

• Vip Lounge member
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 260
« Reply #3 on: 17:41 19-May-2017 »

Thanks

Don't know about this.  But wait for when I have energy to write about the problems facing PrivatBank.   

So you Expats reading this, note that there are some serious and under-reported problems with Privat.

Hardly under reported re Privat Bank ...the state took it over ... headlines everywhere
We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting.

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: 20:01 19-May-2017 »
Hardly under reported re Privat Bank ...the state took it over ... headlines everywhere

Nothing to do with that.   Just wondering if I have the energy to work-up a thread about, and post the redacted documents I saw from after the takeover.

Offline AkMike

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1726
  • -Receive: 1291
« Reply #5 on: 20:05 19-May-2017 »
That might be interesting for us to learn about as well as save some $$$$ if thing really go south.  ::)
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Offline marceff

• Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #6 on: 20:24 19-May-2017 »
Thanks for info. Someone sent me this link: h**ps://www.pib.ua/userfiles/files/protokol_27.04.2017.pdf
It concerns the Shareholder meeting. As far as I know the bank is changing management.

Offline Дідусь

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1632
  • -Receive: 3788
  • Retired, living near the cognac distillery!
    • Expatua
« Reply #7 on: 21:50 19-May-2017 »
Thanks for info. Someone sent me this link: h**ps://www.pib.ua/userfiles/files/protokol_27.04.2017.pdf
It concerns the Shareholder meeting. As far as I know the bank is changing management.

Links are allowed. Moderators will check if the links send us to some malware. We have the necessary tools, we have salo!

"When surrounded by the dark void of the wilfully blind, it does not excuse those that are a spark of light their duty to shine" - Pompey Nik

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: 21:13 22-May-2017 »
That might be interesting for us to learn about as well as save some $$$$ if thing really go south.  ::)

Yeah Mike, there are some serious problems with Privat.  I saw another expat's account documents and I was horrified with what I saw.   The day I saw it I asked if I could put them up with the confidential stuff blotted out (redacted); he's ok with it.  I've just been lazy, and the weather has been good.   As a friend, I just say don't keep a lot of money in Privat and check your electronic billing if you use those features on Privat24 (the online service).  There's some funny business afoot and I've seen the documents; not 99% sure; 100% sure.

Basically it looks like some ( ? ) Expats are being double-billed because they've learned expats don't read the ledger carefully and just pay the requests for payment registered electronically on Privat24.  My friend had two hefty online bills (after the bank was nationalized) and they stuck out like a sore thumb given their size; obviously he didn't want to pay them twice.
« Last Edit: 21:17 22-May-2017 by Reggie »

Offline Yarletpa

• Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 4
  • I live here but don't expect to see me working
« Reply #9 on: 14:12 14-Jun-2017 »
Prominvest bank has a Russian parent bank so immediately Gontorova was pushed out the wonderful democratic government here has started attacking a Ukrainian bank operating in accordance with Ukranian laws/

Sad but true Kiev cannot beat the DPR/LPR in the field and cannot implement the Minsk agreement because the etreme nationalists here (and don't try to pretend they don't exist) would have Poroshenko up against the wall so what else can they do  - 1. rename any street they can, 2 find any excuse possible to argue with Russia about anything and 3 try to persecute any business with a Russian parent company.

Love democracy in action

Paul

Online frank1010

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 151
  • -Receive: 204
« Reply #10 on: 05:56 15-Jun-2017 »
Paul, mind explaining to the readers, what the Ukrainian government should do in your opinion? Giving up against Russia?

Offline Дідусь

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1632
  • -Receive: 3788
  • Retired, living near the cognac distillery!
    • Expatua
« Reply #11 on: 07:48 15-Jun-2017 »
Exactly, Mike.  SplutterNik rather than Reuters seems to have the answers ..... NOT?

"When surrounded by the dark void of the wilfully blind, it does not excuse those that are a spark of light their duty to shine" - Pompey Nik

Online Fraucha

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2448
  • -Receive: 3824
  • I have equal disrespect for everyone.
    • Sundra-Tanakoh
« Reply #12 on: 08:35 15-Jun-2017 »
Exactly, Mike.  SplutterNik rather than Reuters seems to have the answers ..... NOT?

I like this statement:  "It?s hard to understand why Kiev wants Russian banks out of the market. This is unreasonable. Currently, the Ukrainian economy is not in the best condition and losses in any sector of the economy will have immediate consequences, especially in the banking sector," Dudchak told Radio Sputnik.

Maybe because Russia invaded our country you f-ucking moron!!

But of course he will never read this.
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.