Author Topic: PR based on Children.  (Read 373 times)

Offline stockplayer

• Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 6
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
PR based on Children.
« on: 23:14 15-Aug-2017 »
Hi,

Has anyone here applied for PR based on their child being a Ukrainian citizen. Most of the posts I have gone thru are based on PR based on marriage.

Both my wife and daughter are citizens of Ukraine.

Thanks

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1290
  • -Receive: 1045
  • 100% Against jellied eels
Re: PR based on Children.
« Reply #1 on: 00:14 16-Aug-2017 »

Family reunification is basis for permanent residency.

They have a visa law office here (link on home page, I believe).

Offline stockplayer

• Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: 17:51 16-Aug-2017 »
Went to the OVIR and they said I need to have a proof of my residency in UAE. They want something like a drivers license which has an address on it. Now that's my problem the driver license or the national ID do not have the address.

Does anyone  have any idea or experience with this sort of document.

Thanks

Online ace123

• All this work and I get called:
  • Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 714
  • -Receive: 1967
    • Kiev Life
« Reply #3 on: 20:56 16-Aug-2017 »
I got PR based on my child being Ukrainian - we were not yet married as my divorce hadn't come though.

All went well for us

... the address bit you are hung up on is the same for all TRP and PR applications. They need an address in your home country so they have somewhere to deport you to if your application is unsuccessful.... yes, I am being serious.  This is a soviet hangover.... 8)
I am the shadow of the waxwing slain.. by the false azure of the windowpane...

Offline stockplayer

• Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: 22:11 16-Aug-2017 »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I got PR based on my child being Ukrainian - we were not yet married as my divorce hadn't come though.

All went well for us

... the address bit you are hung up on is the same for all TRP and PR applications. They need an address in your home country so they have somewhere to deport you to if your application is unsuccessful.... yes, I am being serious.  This is a soviet hangover.... 8)

My home country is different from my country of residence. If home country is what is required then our ID does have it. What the OVIR said is they need my UAE address. Can you pls explain what sort of legalization or nortary is required for this document.

Thanks

Online Fraucha

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2622
  • -Receive: 4093
  • I have equal disrespect for everyone.
    • Sundra-Tanakoh
« Reply #5 on: 06:22 17-Aug-2017 »

All went well for us

My home country is different from my country of residence. If home country is what is required then our ID does have it. What the OVIR said is they need my UAE address. Can you pls explain what sort of legalization or nortary is required for this document.

Thanks

Driver's License or Passport from UAE...translated into Ukrainian and notarized. Ask OVIR what TYPE of document they want to see.
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Offline Tiancai

• Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 66
« Reply #6 on: 11:40 17-Aug-2017 »

My guess is you told them you had permanent residence in UAE and entered your address from there in some forms (perhaps when applying for TRP), so now they want your proof of address from there rather than your home country? In that case I'd just tell them you're no longer a resident of UAE and you went back to your home country then came to Ukraine, so they should just accept your proof of address from your native country since that is your permanent address (provide notarized translation of your ID for that).

Online Tnic

• My own TITLE? omg, omg, omg.....
  • Vip Lounge member
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3056
  • -Receive: 1316
  • Gainfully unemployed
« Reply #7 on: 13:55 17-Aug-2017 »
The alternative is a visit to a UAE Consulate to get an Affidavit attesting to your address in UAE.
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!!

Offline stockplayer

• Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: 16:38 17-Aug-2017 »
Thanks Guys.

Spoke to the lady in another OVIR and she said my translated passport copy will suffice :) as it has my permanent address.

Have submitted the application for police clearance, that should take till about Wednesday. Also have to get the translation of my child's birth certificate, this will also take about Monday as it has both English and Arabic on it.

Looks like almost all docs are ready. Will update you all once I submit the PR application at the OVIR.

Imran.

Offline stockplayer

• Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: 21:57 22-Aug-2017 »
author=stockplayer link=topic=17734.msg127147#msg127147 date

....Will update you all once I submit the PR application at the OVIR.

Imran.

Finally submitted all the docs. Like with most of the members, wife did most of the talking. The lady at the OVIR said it would take about 2-3 months for the process. When wife asked her she said I would have to come back later and get some sort of registration done with regards to the house where wife and her mom and dad are registered.

So here's a summary of the docs I had to submit.
- Application form [ the OVIR lady filled on her PC]
- My passport translated and notarized/legalized [Also serves as an address proof]
- My child's birth certificate translated and notarized/legalized.
- Form #3 from Zhek
- Police Clearance certificate.
- Wife, Wife's Mom and Dad's Ukraine passport due to the home registration [propiska]under their names. They all were present and signed the domestic passport copies and wrote sort off a no objection statement that I can stay in their home.
- I had to write all the names of my blood relations which she used to fill up the form. This had to mention the date of birth and the city and county they are currently residing.
- Payment slip [ amount 179.74] for application.
- 8 photos, 3.5 x 4.5 Matt paper.
- Full copy of my passport. I mean all pages with all my visas and blank pages[ Thought it was strange and tried to question but wife told me shut up 🤐 and she went and got all the pages photocopied]

The lady took my Mil's number and would call her once it's ready. She told my wife that I would have to come back and collect the booklet then go and register my name under the home propiska submitted.

I didn't expect I would have been able to complete this task but am glad it's submitted, will wait for their decision and hopefully they will not reject.

Would like to thank all the members here for their help and posts . Hope my experience and info helps other members.

Imran.

« Last Edit: 21:59 22-Aug-2017 by stockplayer »

Online Tnic

• My own TITLE? omg, omg, omg.....
  • Vip Lounge member
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3056
  • -Receive: 1316
  • Gainfully unemployed
« Reply #10 on: 15:53 23-Aug-2017 »
Super!

If PR is anything like TRP, you'll have 10 days after issuance to visit your district's ZHEK (think housing authority) office to register you at an address. 

Everyone registered at that address must also go to ZHEK and sign an agreement for you to be registered there.
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!!