Author Topic: Ukraine's Hyper-Nationalist Military Summer Camp  (Read 1080 times)

Offline Brudder_A

• Expat VS
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 41
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
Re: Ukraine's Hyper-Nationalist Military Summer Camp
« Reply #30 on: 11:55 05-Sep-2017 »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

What the Frak does it matter?

Well, it matters for me. Each to his own, matey!

For example, I hate apples, pears and bananas but, of course, what the frak does it matter?

Perhaps I should have sent a PM to David instead of making that post.

I meant what does it matter if the Ukrainian diaspora are or are not responsible for a resurgence of Ukrainian nationalism.

It matters only to those who want to actively pursue an interest in from where their genetic roots come from. Also it matters that someone keeps a check on what really is Ukrainian allegiance is since in YKPAIHA there are many wolves in sheep's clothing roaming around.....  You know the kind that would sell their own mother and wouldn't think twice about it!

Offline kyivkpic

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1443
  • -Receive: 1360
« Reply #31 on: 13:55 24-Sep-2017 »

For example, I hate apples, pears and bananas but, of course, what the frak does it matter?

I meant what does it matter if the Ukrainian diaspora are or are not responsible for a resurgence of Ukrainian nationalism.

It matters only to those who want to actively pursue an interest in from where their genetic roots come from. Also it matters that someone keeps a check on what really is Ukrainian allegiance is since in YKPAIHA there are many wolves in sheep's clothing roaming around.....  You know the kind that would sell their own mother and wouldn't think twice about it!

I think the point was missed.

The issue was davidrochlin's assertion that people of Ukrainian descent in Canada have been artificially creating Ukrainian nationalism in modern Ukraine, that this is a problem somehow and by implication that they are helping with these para-military summer camps.

If the Canadian diaspora are coming back and supporting efforts to put things right in their former homeland, I see no problem with them and wish many more who have lived and learned in a civilized country would return to Ukraine and help clean up this mess. I suspect that many second and third generations Ukrainian diaspora just simply realize why the Frak their grandparents or parents left.
« Last Edit: 13:57 24-Sep-2017 by kyivkpic »
Твоя голова всегда в ответе за то, куда сядет твой зад.

Online Fraucha

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2663
  • -Receive: 4144
  • I have equal disrespect for everyone.
    • Sundra-Tanakoh
« Reply #32 on: 14:29 24-Sep-2017 »

The issue was davidrochlin's assertion that people of Ukrainian descent in Canada have been artificially creating Ukrainian nationalism in modern Ukraine, that this is a problem somehow and by implication that they are helping with these para-military summer camps.

If the Canadian diaspora are coming back and supporting efforts to put things right in their former homeland, I see no problem with them and wish many more who have lived and learned in a civilized country would return to Ukraine and help clean up this mess. I suspect that many second and third generations Ukrainian diaspora just simply realize why the Frak their grandparents or parents left.

Yeah their grandparents left in the old Soviet days, most of the Canadians (who still think they are Ukrainians--you know the ones born in Canada)  don't know jack poop about what is going on over here.
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Offline Brudder_A

• Expat VS
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 41
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
« Reply #33 on: 20:35 26-Sep-2017 »

Yeah their grandparents left in the old Soviet days, most of the Canadians (who still think they are Ukrainians--you know the ones born in Canada)  don't know jack poop about what is going on over here.

As time progresses and assimilation takes a hold of you and in particular of your offspring it is inevitable that certain part of the diaspora will not understand the dynamics of today's YKPAIHA. Then again there are some you have made the decision (from the diaspora) to return or at least be involved with the country in terms of investment, education, 2nd or 3rd homes where they reside. Some of these folks undoubtedly had a a reason to return and in many case it was their patriotic urn to be with their own people.