Author Topic: New US Ambassador to the UN  (Read 706 times)

Online Tnic

• My own TITLE? omg, omg, omg.....
  • Vip Lounge member
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3051
  • -Receive: 1314
  • Gainfully unemployed
New US Ambassador to the UN
« on: 12:14 03-Feb-2017 »
And she didn't waste any time.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!!

Online sosednik

• Expat XO
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 77
  • -Receive: 191
  • Героям слава! Смерть ворогам!
Re: New US Ambassador to the UN
« Reply #1 on: 18:59 03-Feb-2017 »
Ambassador Haley said exactly what I would wish a US ambassador to tell Russia at the UN.

At the same time, her message doesn't align well with many statements by the President, who can dismiss her at will.

We'll see how words give way to action.  Putin is probably testing the Trump administration in Ukraine's east.  How will they perform on this test?

Offline kyivkpic

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1411
  • -Receive: 1330
« Reply #2 on: 11:16 04-Feb-2017 »
Put up shut up. Until  the US or europe actually starts helping Ukraine kill the Russian terrorists, I would prefer they just shut up.
Твоя голова всегда в ответе за то, куда сядет твой зад.

Offline cc3

• Vip Lounge member
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 518
  • -Receive: 787
« Reply #3 on: 18:28 04-Feb-2017 »
How do we know that the US and/or certain European nations are not helping the Ukrainian combat forces on the eastern front right now? After all, Russian troops have been operating in eastern Donbas, as active invaders, but western media and nations scarcely acknowledge any Russian participation/direction in the war at all. Western covert action could easily be happening in eastern UA with no media awareness.
"But if history teaches anything, it teaches that simpleminded appeasement or wishful thinking about our adversaries is folly. It means the betrayal of our past, the squandering of our freedom."

Ronald Reagan

Offline kyivkpic

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1411
  • -Receive: 1330
« Reply #4 on: 18:44 04-Feb-2017 »
How do we know that the US and/or certain European nations are not helping the Ukrainian combat forces on the eastern front right now? After all, Russian troops have been operating in eastern Donbas, as active invaders, but western media and nations scarcely acknowledge any Russian participation/direction in the war at all. Western covert action could easily be happening in eastern UA with no media awareness.

Well, if they are helping covertly, it isn't helping much. They need to step things up, kill every goddamn thing that moves in Donbass and then this war could end.
Твоя голова всегда в ответе за то, куда сядет твой зад.

Offline Jay

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 687
  • -Receive: 259
« Reply #5 on: 02:26 05-Feb-2017 »

I can say with 100% certainty  that military "observers" have and are having a VERY close look at exactly what is happening.
Unfortunately --they are also extremely careful NOT to take an apparent active role .
I am quite certain that if the orders are given -- it would only be hours before western countries could be there to assist.

Back in 2014 after the shooting down of MH17 a distant country whose PM was outraged did send some of the best fighting men in the world to have a really close up look ! There was an idea that going after the terrorist leaders was a viable aim.However-- without US , Nato,or an EU countries direct support those plans did not go ahead .The advance group was there ( with substantial back up and support waiting close by) and  they were there at that time and fully expecting to be given the go ahead.

Offline Jay

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 687
  • -Receive: 259
« Reply #6 on: 02:30 05-Feb-2017 »
Ambassador Haley said exactly what I would wish a US ambassador to tell Russia at the UN.

At the same time, her message doesn't align well with many statements by the President, who can dismiss her at will.

We'll see how words give way to action.  Putin is probably testing the Trump administration in Ukraine's east.  How will they perform on this test?

What is needed is for Trump to say unequivocally much the same things.
Then it may mean something.

Online David Rochlin

• Vip Lounge member
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 817
  • -Receive: 1161
  • Statue of the Motherland
« Reply #7 on: 02:38 05-Feb-2017 »
There was some discussion of armed OSCE observers actually enforcing the peace some months ago, but the discussion just sort of ended with nothing happening, other that a likely sigh of releif for the observers who would surely have gotten killed. 
A problem for Ukraine is that the Ukrainian side has been so riddled with spies from the beginning that covert action is almost impossible.   Many of the spies and defectors are gone now, but what does that mean?  Maybe it means there are only 5000 traitors now, instead of 25000 ?   I suspect any substantial covert Western force in Ukraine will quickly become media stars in Russia.
    On the other hand, perhaps there are advisors from Poland and the Baltic States, present and on the front lines of the war.  Those can be under the radar a little bit.   

Online Tnic

• My own TITLE? omg, omg, omg.....
  • Vip Lounge member
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3051
  • -Receive: 1314
  • Gainfully unemployed
« Reply #8 on: 13:35 05-Feb-2017 »
Dunno if it means anything, but I've seen OSCE vehicles here in Kramatorsk several time.  Of course we're fairly near (60-70 km) the action so that may not be unusual.
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!!

Online David Rochlin

• Vip Lounge member
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 817
  • -Receive: 1161
  • Statue of the Motherland
« Reply #9 on: 16:18 05-Feb-2017 »
Put up shut up. Until  the US or europe actually starts helping Ukraine kill the Russian terrorists, I would prefer they just shut up.

When Trump says America is committed to negotiating peace on the border of Ukraine and Russia, it might be wise to remember that his demarkation of the border and ours might not be the same.  For example, the border of Russia might be the lines drawn in the Minsk deal in the mind of Donald Trump.