Author Topic: Rape Charges Dropped Against Assange  (Read 164 times)

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 642
  • -Receive: 526
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
Rape Charges Dropped Against Assange
« on: 14:25 19-May-2017 »
STOCKHOLM (AP) ? Sweden's top prosecutor said Friday she's dropping an investigation into a rape claim against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange after almost seven years because there's no possibility of arresting him "in the foreseeable future."

The announcement means the outspoken WikiLeaks leader no longer faces sex crime allegations in Sweden, although British police say he is still wanted for jumping bail in Britain in 2012.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

In my day, there was a possibility of going to a judge, whether democrat or republican, and getting improperly brought or investigated charges dropped.   There was political behavior, and unjust behavior from the bench, but not like we see it out in the open these days.   Not to the point of flaunting it.  There were problems, but the bad prosecutors and judges tried to keep things low profile. 

Online David Rochlin

• Vip Lounge member
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 766
  • -Receive: 1048
  • Statue of the Motherland
Re: Rape Charges Dropped Against Assange
« Reply #1 on: 14:46 19-May-2017 »
He definitely will be arrested on the still outstanding Warrant, should he leave the Embassy.  UK will not disclose whether the U.S. has an extradition request and the U.S. Gov. has been considering charges more seriously. 
   But, Ms. Manning was released and Assange had promised to offer himself up to the U.S. if Manning would be freed.

Online frank1010

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 131
  • -Receive: 181
« Reply #2 on: 23:56 19-May-2017 »
Assange violently demands complete transparency from states and politicians but when it comes to being transparent himself he fails miserably. Moreover he has become an idiot tool for Russia - which he denies. This is widely known and thus people hardly listen to this piece of crap any more ...

Offline kyivkpic

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1243
  • -Receive: 1178
« Reply #3 on: 01:04 20-May-2017 »
STOCKHOLM (AP) ? Sweden's top prosecutor said Friday she's dropping an investigation into a rape claim against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange after almost seven years because there's no possibility of arresting him "in the foreseeable future."

The announcement means the outspoken WikiLeaks leader no longer faces sex crime allegations in Sweden, although British police say he is still wanted for jumping bail in Britain in 2012.

In my day, there was a possibility of going to a judge, whether democrat or republican, and getting improperly brought or investigated charges dropped.   There was political behavior, and unjust behavior from the bench, but not like we see it out in the open these days.   Not to the point of flaunting it.  There were problems, but the bad prosecutors and judges tried to keep things low profile. 

I like to think that the Swedish prosecutor returned to Sweden's tradition of neutrality, especially with a rather flimsy charge in a highly sensational international/geopolitical dispute.

How long is the lease for the Embassy in Britain that he's taking sanctuary? Could the British government just declare the entire embassy staff and ambassador persona non grata and flush them out onto British soil?

Твоя голова всегда в ответе за то, куда сядет твой зад.

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: 03:05 20-May-2017 »
@ kyivkpic

1.  The Rape Charge:  As you said "flimsy." 

[She accused him of having sex with her as she slept without using a condom while they were in a dating relationship.]

2.  Embassy:  They can flush him out, but it would be considered a serious diplomatic incident. 

He will still be arrested if he leaves for skipping bail.  Just remarkable that they have fabricated all of this rubbish to keep this guy holed up for 5 years.  It should scare everyone.

What really happened?  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: 03:17 20-May-2017 by Reggie »

Online Fraucha

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2332
  • -Receive: 3621
  • I have equal disrespect for everyone.
    • Sundra-Tanakoh
« Reply #5 on: 06:54 20-May-2017 »
[She accused him of having sex with her as she slept without using a condom while they were in a dating relationship.]

When I first heard that story i nearly choked on my beer. I have NEVER known a teen girl not to be even more horny than a teen boy. Why is it illegal to have sex with a teen girl? Because they f uck like rabbits and everyone wants one, even other girls. So that charge 'while sleeping' was the biggest load of houseshit I have ever read, until Putin denied invading Crimea.

Let the guy go for Christ's sake.
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Offline steveo

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 228
  • -Receive: 340
  • Growing older is no excuse for growing up.
« Reply #6 on: 07:52 20-May-2017 »
Moreover he has become an idiot tool for Russia - which he denies.

I don't see him as a tool for Russia. I think Russia and Assange share similar goals, for Russia, the splitting of the USA into various separate states, as some kind of retribution for the collapse of the USSR, and/or a weakened USA that will allow Russia to have a sphere of influence with its neighbours, and an unfettered kleptocrat oligarchic class. Whereas, Assange wants (absolute) transparency in governance, and to do that, needs the USA's structures of governance to either completely implode, or to be so severely eroded that they have to either don't function properly, or that they will face overthrow by popular dissent if they don't adopt a transparency based model. Both actors aren't working in the best interests of the USA.
If you have any queries regarding translations please feel free to contact me via PM.

Offline kyivkpic

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1243
  • -Receive: 1178
« Reply #7 on: 10:52 20-May-2017 »
   But, Ms. Manning was released and Assange had promised to offer himself up to the U.S. if Manning would be freed.

This.
Твоя голова всегда в ответе за то, куда сядет твой зад.

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: 11:55 20-May-2017 »
When I first heard that story i nearly choked on my beer. I have NEVER known a teen girl not to be even more horny than a teen boy. Why is it illegal to have sex with a teen girl? Because they f uck like rabbits and everyone wants one, even other girls. So that charge 'while sleeping' was the biggest load of houseshit I have ever read, until Putin denied invading Crimea.

Let the guy go for Christ's sake.

Seriously.  What's the world coming to?   Memories of my youth:  A long time ago in a galaxy far away before my pubic hair was grey, I was a teenager in the South France during a summer vacation with some friends. A small van-load of Swedish girls came (summer school trip I think).  Everybody got laid, had a good time.  Drinking, dancing, the beach, baguette sandwiches, beach fires.  It was like one of those Elvis in Hawaii movies except with cheap French wine, good food, and horny Swedish girls that weren't afraid to take you by the hand and say "Let's F---!"

I remember thinking wow these girls are so open with their sexuality. Had never seen a women with the same attitude as an American sailor.  And American girls were really prudish in those days, so this was a shock -- you were lucky to get a kiss by the time you were 19. 

Dancing, drinking, giving everyone high fives.   The sweet memories of youth.   Their teachers were joking with us about who screwed whom.

@ FRAUCHA BTW, correct me if I'm wrong.  The victim wasn't a "teen" -- they were 2 adult women one of whom previously worked for the Swedish Embassy in the U.S.   The history as I understand it:  [1] Paypal cancelled for Assange so trouble getting hotel.  [2] Woman says, "use my flat I'll be away." [3] She shows up and starts sleeping with him in the same bed and having sex.   [4]  Assange meets a new woman a few days later.   [5] The 2 women meet and coordinate stories with one being the leader.
« Last Edit: 12:14 20-May-2017 by Reggie »

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: 12:00 20-May-2017 »
I don't see him as a tool for Russia.

I don't know if he is or not.   Putin will use to his advantage whatever he thinks he can, even underwear.  I can't just adopt a rule to hate everything Putin likes.  I will keep wearing underwear even if it Putin wears the same brand.   

All that being said, I've never made up my mind about WikiLeaks, or Assange, but on the fake sex charges, let the guy go.  Jesus.