Author Topic: Story about Kyiv Gay Rally  (Read 630 times)

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 907
  • -Receive: 726
  • 100% Against jellied eels
Story about Kyiv Gay Rally
« on: 22:49 18-Jun-2017 »
Thousands attend Kiev gay pride march opposed by ultra-nationalists -- You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Kiev (AFP) - More than two thousand people took part in Kiev's gay pride event on Sunday amid a heavy police presence as nationalist protesters tried to halt the event and burned a rainbow flag.

Participants walked through the city centre, waving the gay rights movement's rainbow flags protected from counter-protesters by lines of Ukrainian police and National Guard.

Ukraine's pro-European authorities ensured the gay pride event could go ahead despite widespread homophobic attitudes in the ex-Soviet country where gay marriage is not permitted. Police said around 2,500 marchers took part.

"Finally in our country we are able to come out for our rights and show that we exist," said one participant, Tetyana.

"I feel nervous and happy that I can come out and not fear anything."

Another marcher Volodymyr Kosenko said "I feel pride today because I see round me my friends and acquaintances and my husband. I see people who came out to say that everyone is equal in Ukraine."

Marchers shouted slogans such as "We're different, we're equal!" and "Ukraine for all!"

Among the marchers was British Ambassador Judith Gough, who wrote on Twitter there was a "fine party atmosphere."

But the marchers were opposed by more than 100 ultra-nationalists who tried to block the route and burned a LGBT rainbow flag.

The police contained the ultra-nationalists, however, and organisers slightly changed the route to take a parallel street to avoid them.

Police said they detained six protesters who tried to break through the cordon.

"I'm convinced that this is wrong. It's a sin and it can destroy our country morally," said Irina, a student, who was protesting against the event.

"I condemn the propaganda of homosexuality in Ukraine and particularly the holding of gay parades. I came to speak out against it. The Bible says clearly it's a sin," said Kyrylo Babentsov.

Last year's Kiev event was held in the city centre for the first time amid an unprecedented police presence and attracted around 700 participants.

In 2015 a gay pride event -- held far from the centre -- lasted only a few minutes before stone-throwing nationalist protesters clashed with the participants and at least 10 people were injured and 25 detained.

A 2014 march was cancelled after police refused to ensure participants' safety.

In neighbouring Russia, Moscow authorities have never authorised a gay pride event, arguing that the public is not ready for it, and riot police have broken up unauthorised marches.

Here is the video and a screenshot:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: 22:53 18-Jun-2017 by Reggie »

Online Fraucha

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2438
  • -Receive: 3820
  • I have equal disrespect for everyone.
    • Sundra-Tanakoh
Re: Story about Kyiv Gay Rally
« Reply #1 on: 06:29 19-Jun-2017 »
I hope next time there are 5000 marchers or more.

Homophobia is for the weak minded.

For your education, should you need it:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Online Tnic

• My own TITLE? omg, omg, omg.....
  • Vip Lounge member
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2722
  • -Receive: 1161
  • Gainfully unemployed
« Reply #2 on: 08:02 19-Jun-2017 »
Love it when some try to use the Bible to justify their actions against gays while they totally ignore.....God hates sin, but loves the sinner.....AND that Christians are called to emulate Him.
The next wave of fascism will come disguised as anti-fascism.

Online ConsciousHost

• Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 13
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
« Reply #3 on: 11:24 19-Jun-2017 »
Lmao at someone burning a flag, as if it would send a huge message. It's hard to take these homophobic types seriously when they're so concerned about something as simple as what other consenting adults enjoy in the privacy of their bedrooms. Let people live and enjoy what they feel truly happy with. If being gay was a choice, what kind of a dumbass would choose to be so when it means you're faced with hatred and judgement that can result in violence towards you.

These marches aren't about spreading propaganda, they're about spreading awareness that there are other human beings amongst us that are secluded from society simply because of one aspect of their lives. How much importance can people really place on sex? It's one small part of who we are.

Online Fraucha

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
    • Sundra-Tanakoh
« Reply #4 on: 11:55 19-Jun-2017 »
I have never understood why gays were beat up (in any country) just because they are who they are. I don't beat up Christians that display crosses on their necks. I don't beat up the poor sick guy who has sex with sheep (Australians lol- jk, really). I only advocate violence against Russian soldiers who volunteer to come here to pick some dill.

I have always had gay friends in California, ain't no big deal...until we are out at a restaurant and they start hitting up the waiter and then tell the waiter to bring a waitress for the poor straight guy...at least they had the grace to pick out the good looking waitress. Except that one time in the Basque restaurant where there was no choice...ick....bad memories of alcohol and sex and more alcohol the next morning.

At anyrate I have meet a several L&Gs here in UA, there are more than you think.

EDIT:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

a clip....about violence

« Last Edit: 12:07 19-Jun-2017 by Fraucha »
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: 13:06 19-Jun-2017 »

Online Fraucha

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
    • Sundra-Tanakoh
« Reply #6 on: 13:42 19-Jun-2017 »
Use salo instead of ky?

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: 14:30 19-Jun-2017 »
Use salo instead of ky?

:D :D :D

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: 19:05 19-Jun-2017 »
Some new videos of the scuffles in other cities You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I tried putting some of the comments into translator, just to see what the discussion is like, can't make any sense of them though:

Kievans! And why do not you organize a march of disabled ATO, as opposed to podoras.
And you will see Poroshenko's democracy.

The song is good

Some are dressed, others are in uniform, and both are pidors.

Our children spoil these pyroduras that sit in the Ukrainian parliament of the swathe

Kayfu ukraina !!

For a song lyike ​​!, And I was thinking about what kind of pizza, but here piri, almost guessed)

This is a fee for visa-free asses

ahahahaha, that's for sure))

Wow, how much in Ukraine gays and lesbians. Never would have thought. Where did they get out?

That's not so much. This is a theatrical production

In the forest there was an ax of RIGHT HAND
He repelled them from the affection of GOMOSEKA
But forces faded, the legend fell
And they easily took possession of the homosexuals
Having finished without difficulty and popping on pope
He said Khokhlu - now you are in Europe ..

It was necessary to defeat this gay parade to the devils!

So look how many there were the police, 5000 people organized to protect ... And the point

NONE MAY NOT PROHIBE USE IT AS A JUMP !!!

Russians, yes, Kievans are mostly against, only who is listening to us?

Ahaahah, what are you shooting tattering ...

Shame for Ukraine! If there really were people who are struggling for their rights, they have problems with sotsadaptatsii, it would not look like a parade of five prostitutes and students, who for the sake of scoring had to go with a rainbow flag. I am a conscious Ukrainian and I am against such measures !!!!!

Where the whole nation is watching Ukraine.Newsi pylorami.Uzhas horos.Skoro budite let suck.

I assume that you will soon make a lot to see and take part in it. Who once, well, the second time. Get a complete package of all services.

"My God, an unfortunate country where man can not dispose of his ass."

- let's - let's destroy them all - Tchaikovsky Rodin Michelangelo Bezhar Shakespeare Smoktunovsky and many others -
And there will be only songs in the likeness of this

« Last Edit: 19:21 19-Jun-2017 by Reggie »

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: 20:09 19-Jun-2017 »
God hates sin, but loves the sinner.....AND that Christians are called to emulate Him.

That phrase is usually attributed to Augustine of Hippo: "Cum dilectione hominum et odio vitiorum," and it translates to "With love for mankind and hatred of sins." 

I suppose for purposes of this thread it doesn't help that it has the word "cum" is in the quote (Cum dilectione hominum = with love for man). :D

Gandhi also used it in his 1929 autobiography.

At any rate, people's private lives are their own.

Offline Kord

• Expat XO
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 296
  • -Receive: 188
« Reply #10 on: 18:44 20-Jun-2017 »
Well the price to punch a gay was only 51 grivna. Special parade day pricing for assault. Then they were free to go. Honestly who could resist such temptation? A little more than $ 2.00...

Eggs and that green medical liquid were thrown as well. Apparently the liquid stains pretty effectively. Not the Scarlett Letter but the Green... darn, can't think of a catchy name for gay shaming.

@Reggie: The problem is they don't keep it to their private lives. Surprise surprise some guys don't appreciate homos hanging around the men's locker room talking about dicks or being hit on by guys on the street. Plus the spread of Aids & Stds is a concern that a stray encounter might affect a loved one who trusted their partner ( Nobody wants those.

@concious: It is not just about the sex. It's the talk, the behavior, the weirdness. Doesn't affect me personally, I can just walk away but I think you must be able to understand that simple people would find gay perversion sickening.

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: 21:48 20-Jun-2017 »
@Reggie: The problem is they don't keep it to their private lives. Surprise surprise some guys don't appreciate homos hanging around the men's locker room talking about dicks or being hit on by guys on the street. Plus the spread of Aids & Stds is a concern that a stray encounter might affect a loved one who trusted their partner ( Nobody wants those.

These are just my views, so nobody freak please.

1.  If 2 consenting adults keep their sex life in their bedroom, that's their private life.

2.  If it becomes politicized in a way that affects "the public" (e.g. children), I'm against that.  I'll give an example.  Gay Pride doesn't mean 2 dudes can stand in a public park and give each other hand jobs.

3.  And there should not be discrimination for basic services, for example for buying a bread and milk or letting someone be employed, or using a restroom.  That's just my view. 

4.  I think people also have right to raise their children in the manner they (the parents) see fit.  So that rules out propagandizing to kids in school.

Kord, you touched on a good point, and this is the type of discussion that I think is valuable.  These are just my views. 

I'm trying to think of some nifty way of capturing the idea:

If a person is riding their Harley down the Highway, and they decide to take a different route and get a little 'mud' on their 'helmet,' that's their business.  But if they decide to put that 'helmet' down in the local kindergarden, well someone might object, and that's their right to object.

When it comes to purely speech matters, people carrying rainbow flags, I'm all for allowing that.  Free speech means free speech.  (In fact, I always say here let people say what they want, except the spammers and advertisers who should pay.)  It's not my place to tell people if they can have rainbow flags or purple wigs or whatever.  When the dildos come out in public, however, then society has a right to step in, and cite it as a disturbance.   
« Last Edit: 21:53 20-Jun-2017 by Reggie »

Online Fraucha

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
    • Sundra-Tanakoh
« Reply #12 on: 21:51 20-Jun-2017 »
Well the price to punch a gay was only 51 grivna. Special parade day pricing for assault. Then they were free to go. Honestly who could resist such temptation? A little more than $ 2.00...

Eggs and that green medical liquid were thrown as well. Apparently the liquid stains pretty effectively. Not the Scarlett Letter but the Green... darn, can't think of a catchy name for gay shaming.

@concious: It is not just about the sex. It's the talk, the behavior, the weirdness. Doesn't affect me personally, I can just walk away but I think you must be able to understand that simple people would find gay perversion sickening.

It sincerely amazes me how some people have their head so far up their ass they choke on their liver.

Reggie: So it's ok to have Christians tell society what to do but not ok for someone to have a different life? See I don't much care either way, but I do care that people are discriminated against because maybe they hold hands. Should some people discriminate against the guy and his girlfriend making out in the subway, that man and woman holding hands in the park...why is that ok? And two same sex not? I don't see gays harping on straights for kissing in public or holding hands.

One of the greatest best selling fiction books of all time says it might not be a good idea to have different views and preference on sex? FICTION BOOK, and we make that some sort of law and use it as an excuse to shit on other people?

But then there were Lot's daughters...

I should wait until I am less unsober to say anything.
« Last Edit: 22:05 20-Jun-2017 by Fraucha »

Offline kyivkpic

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1274
  • -Receive: 1207
« Reply #13 on: 22:39 20-Jun-2017 »

It sincerely amazes me how some people have their head so far up their ass they choke on their liver.

Reggie: So it's ok to have Christians tell society what to do but not ok for someone to have a different life? See I don't much care either way, but I do care that people are discriminated against because maybe they hold hands. Should some people discriminate against the guy and his girlfriend making out in the subway, that man and woman holding hands in the park...why is that ok? And two same sex not? I don't see gays harping on straights for kissing in public or holding hands.

One of the greatest best selling fiction books of all time says it might not be a good idea to have different views and preference on sex? FICTION BOOK, and we make that some sort of law and use it as an excuse to shit on other people?

But then there were Lot's daughters...

I should wait until I am less unsober to say anything.

I've found that most Ukrainians I know have an honest and healthy attitude toward homosexuality. It's considered odd but nobody wishes them harm or to deny them their rights. It's just my personal opinion but I think homosexuality is just decadence in the later stages of a civilization and Ukraine is still in the beginning stages of civilization. Regardless, it's a good test of the new Ukrainian police force and arguing about what people should and shouldn't do with their genitals, mouths and assholes is always gratifying public debate.

I'm curious to see how Ukraine will handle the delicate subject of which public toilets transgenders and other poor confused hermaphroditic souls should use. I suppose I'll to wait until we solve all the other pressing issues in Ukraine like the war and how to avoid an economic collapse, etc.

Твоя голова всегда в ответе за то, куда сядет твой зад.

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: 22:43 20-Jun-2017 »
Reggie: So it's ok to have Christians tell society what to do but not ok for someone to have a different life?

Fraucha, we have separation of church and state in the U.S.   

It's not allowed for "Christians" or anyone else to dictate to others in public schools; if they want to do that, they have their own schools.

To the contrary, if someone wants to have a ''different life' and live as a gay person that's fine by me.

What I said is let's not pretend that 2 guys giving each other hand jobs in the public park is some sort of civil rights movement - it's not.  It's public indecency.  I would say the same about a straight man fondling a woman's breasts in a public park.

All Kord is pointing out is that sometimes these marches take on an overt sexual display nature; there are people acting-out with dildos and oral sex, and so on.  And we have to be honest about that; it does go on during some of these marches.

I had to redact the image - there are thousands of photos like that; and come on, you know it.  You can't force that on people's kids.  It's not right.

This is fine -- it's free speech.

This is not fine in public; it's crossed a line. 

« Last Edit: 22:47 20-Jun-2017 by Reggie »