Author Topic: Only in Ukraine  (Read 512 times)

Online Tnic

• My own TITLE? omg, omg, omg.....
  • Vip Lounge member
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3051
  • -Receive: 1314
  • Gainfully unemployed
Only in Ukraine
« on: 12:54 11-Oct-2017 »
While gathering the mountain of documents to apply for my wife's (US) immigration visa we noticed the good folks at ZAGS added an extra initial to my name.

After being passed from office to office we're now told they need my birth certificate.  WTF????

They didn't need one to marry us in the beginning.
They never asked for it to process my TRP.

But they need it to correct THEIR FLOCKING FORK UP???   >:( >:( >:( >:(

Russia can have this crap hole, they deserve each other.   >:( >:( >:(

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!!

Offline Pantherdk

• Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
Re: Only in Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: 22:38 13-Oct-2017 »
How could they marry you without your birth certificit ?
Thats should be translated and notirised..

But yes Frakups are hard to fix, someone also translated my lastname wrong so we had to fix that.
You learn to live with these Things, considering how cheap everything is here how can you expect a system that is working us/eu standards... ?

Online Tnic

• My own TITLE? omg, omg, omg.....
  • Vip Lounge member
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3051
  • -Receive: 1314
  • Gainfully unemployed
« Reply #2 on: 00:34 14-Oct-2017 »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
How could they marry you without your birth certificit ?
Thats should be translated and notirised..

But yes Frakups are hard to fix, someone also translated my lastname wrong so we had to fix that.
You learn to live with these Things, considering how cheap everything is here how can you expect a system that is working us/eu standards... ?

Until now all they needed was a translated copy of my passport (which you need a birth cert to get).

Since my BC is in a box at my dad's place and I'm not going to ask my 85 y/o dad to go digging for it then mail it to me. we're going to press on with the extra initial and hope the immy folks in Chicago don't notice.
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!!

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1283
  • -Receive: 1038
  • 100% Against jellied eels
« Reply #3 on: 21:28 14-Oct-2017 »
Russia can have this crap hole, they deserve each other.   >:( >:( >:(

Believe me; I've had this mood myself.   Currently in it now.   

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: 21:33 14-Oct-2017 »
someone also translated my lastname wrong so we had to fix that.

My name was also butchered.  Nobody asked me.   I just live with it.  I know who I am.  I try to stay away from their incompetence as much as I can; I value my life more than their games and indifference. 

Bought a winter coat last week.  Paid with PrivatBank card; at the store they said it didn't work.   Then paid in cash.  Got home and found out that I paid for the same winter coat twice.   Went back to the shop; they said I would have to take it up with PrivatBank. 

It doesn't compare with visa issues or misspelled names on passports - but it's the same mindset.   They should just rename this place "don't give a sh-t land" or "con-man-istan."   

Online Ron-n-Sveta

• Expat VS
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 17
  • we be live here
« Reply #5 on: 09:47 15-Oct-2017 »
hey reggie thats why my privat account is set to send sms on every transaction. send sms with in minutes

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: 11:26 15-Oct-2017 »
hey reggie thats why my privat account is set to send sms on every transaction. send sms with in minutes

Thx for that.  So is mine.  Didn't work. Always check your balance on the Privat24 website.

Offline Pantherdk

• Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
« Reply #7 on: 21:49 15-Oct-2017 »
someone also translated my lastname wrong so we had to fix that.

My name was also butchered.  Nobody asked me.   I just live with it.  I know who I am.  I try to stay away from their incompetence as much as I can; I value my life more than their games and indifference. 

Bought a winter coat last week.  Paid with PrivatBank card; at the store they said it didn't work.   Then paid in cash.  Got home and found out that I paid for the same winter coat twice.   Went back to the shop; they said I would have to take it up with PrivatBank. 

It doesn't compare with visa issues or misspelled names on passports - but it's the same mindset.   They should just rename this place "don't give a sh-t land" or "con-man-istan."

My problem was that My 2 newborn twins had the correct name in their papers :)
So when we tried to make international passports there was a missmatch of last names...

But it only took like 5-6 days to fix and 4-6 hours and 50 USD in lawyer fee's

Offline jbenet

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 855
  • -Receive: 673
  • Death to (your name here)!
« Reply #8 on: 08:50 19-Oct-2017 »
Don't use Privat bank or A Bank (same people). Unicredit cancels my card right after everytime it goes into their system, because "they database is not secure".

Raiffeisen is the ONLY up to EU par bank here. I won't even use my card in stores that use Privat bank (and thats a lot of them). Best to withdraw cash from raiffeisen machine, then shop.

Kolomoisky is a crook.

Online Fraucha

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2621
  • -Receive: 4090
  • I have equal disrespect for everyone.
    • Sundra-Tanakoh
« Reply #9 on: 10:24 19-Oct-2017 »
Don't use Privat bank or A Bank (same people). Unicredit cancels my card right after everytime it goes into their system, because "they database is not secure".

Raiffeisen is the ONLY up to EU par bank here. I won't even use my card in stores that use Privat bank (and thats a lot of them). Best to withdraw cash from raiffeisen machine, then shop.

Kolomoisky is a crook.

Kolomoisky no longer runs this bank, Privat is now a state owned and run bank as of 18 December 2016.

Can you show the proof that A-Bank and PrivateBank are the same. I can't find this anywhere.
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: 10:47 19-Oct-2017 »

Here's an update:

I got my money back: the double payment for the winter coat.

Store apologized, they checked their records saw that in fact my Privat card had been charged AND that I had paid 2x, once in cash.   

I bought the coat at around 1PM and as it turns out PrivatBank charged my account at 11PM when the store was closed!  It was actually the fault of Privat, not the store.   The girl and owner at the store were shaken because it made them look like thieves.   

No SMS from Privat regarding a $100 withdrawal in the middle of the night.  Hmmmmmm.

Spent 2 days getting my money back, but got it back. 

Because I love you guys, I am putting the information from my PrivatBank account in the photo below (personal info redacted of course).   

Fact or Myth?   FACT:  PrivatBank may cause you to be double charged, and you may not get an SMS showing money taken from your account even though you do most of the time.   Check Privat's payment archive.  Know how much your bank is supposed to have at all times; the bank won't do it for you. 

Yes, it makes me sad that this happened after nationalization.   Will be watching my account like a hawk.   Everyone do the same.   Stay safe.

Offline Дідусь

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1789
  • -Receive: 3954
  • Retired, living near the cognac distillery!
    • Expatua
« Reply #11 on: 11:33 19-Oct-2017 »
There's a lot in favour of Mattress Bank although they don't issue cards and their interest rate sucks.  ::)

Maybe I should get my coat?
"When surrounded by the dark void of the wilfully blind, it does not excuse those that are a spark of light their duty to shine" - Pompey Nik

Offline jbenet

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 855
  • -Receive: 673
  • Death to (your name here)!
« Reply #12 on: 13:49 19-Oct-2017 »
Fraucha, I know that the bank was robbed by Kolomoisky, the IMF is gearing up to take his head;

I'm sure if you mapped it out, you'll find connections You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I only guess Privat Bank and A Bank are connected for the following reasons;

My wife is a Privat Bank client and needed another bank account and a new ATM card. The one they gave her was for an A Bank account.

In 3 years year, Unicredit has sent me a replacement card 5 times. First time, someone in Vietnam tried to use a duplicate of my card to withdraw cash, but Unicredit was suspicious and contacted me.

The other 4 times was after using Privat Bank and A Bank ATMs (the called me minutes after). The other two times was after shopping at store that used Privat Bank. Unicredit (Czech Republic) told me that the cards were used on "unsecure databases" and it was their policy to automatically  cancel and replace. Just because the government now owns the databases, doesn't mean the hardware/software is more secure.

And don't get me started on how many times I had to have the bank repost the card/PIN codes, because while the cards come registered mail, the PIN code only came 1 out of 4 tries!!

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: 14:05 19-Oct-2017 »

jbenet, you make fair points too.  So does Fraucha. 

It's good for us to share what information we have with each other because we are each other's best resource. 

So, thanks to you and Fraucha both.

Online Fraucha

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2621
  • -Receive: 4090
  • I have equal disrespect for everyone.
    • Sundra-Tanakoh
« Reply #14 on: 14:39 19-Oct-2017 »
That is strange about the cards...When it was time for new cards I got a SMS, I walked over to the bank and they had the cards ready for me, I selected PINs there, whole process took 10 minutes. No mail.   I dunno, maybe they treat VIP Customers much better because I haven't had issues (except one on the SWIFT Transfer. but it was not Privat's problem) .or mis-communications with Privat at all.
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.