Author Topic: Newbie - Greenhorn - FNG - Freshcut - Rook...  (Read 114 times)

Offline Lopstah

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
Newbie - Greenhorn - FNG - Freshcut - Rook...
« on: 09:02 05-Dec-2017 »
Good Morning!
So, the query started when I had logistical questions about getting a vehicle here from the States. Then it evolved(I call it evolution, but it's really just ADD) into to getting a shipping a container back to the States. Then it was the realization that I should have gotten a international driver's license back home before coming back, because there appears that there's no way to get one in country.
In an event, each one of these searches directed me to this forum, and it seems as though most of the answers I was after, have already been answered somewhere in here...
So here I am!
Commercial Fisherman from New England, now in Dnepro!

Online Tnic

• My own TITLE? omg, omg, omg.....
  • Vip Lounge member
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3045
  • -Receive: 1312
  • Gainfully unemployed
Re: Newbie - Greenhorn - FNG - Freshcut - Rook...
« Reply #1 on: 10:19 05-Dec-2017 »
Welcome!

Can't help with any of your questions, if it don't fit in my suitcase, it don't go.

New England ya say.  Maine or somewhere from "The Deep South".   :D
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!!

Offline AkMike

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1895
  • -Receive: 1449
« Reply #2 on: 11:08 05-Dec-2017 »
Your US license shoud be legal because of the reciprocity between countries. The 1949 agreement does not list Ukraine but they will honor it I'm sure.  I suspect that the private companies issuing them have no legal international standing.
« Last Edit: 11:57 05-Dec-2017 by AkMike »
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Online David Rochlin

• Vip Lounge member
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 817
  • -Receive: 1161
  • Statue of the Motherland
« Reply #3 on: 12:53 05-Dec-2017 »
And Ukrainians love fishermen!

Online Fraucha

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2619
  • -Receive: 4089
  • I have equal disrespect for everyone.
    • Sundra-Tanakoh
« Reply #4 on: 14:45 05-Dec-2017 »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Your US license shoud be legal because of the reciprocity between countries. The 1949 agreement does not list Ukraine but they will honor it I'm sure.  I suspect that the private companies issuing them have no legal international standing.

Yeah take you License down to the DAI (aka DMV) and quiz them about a straight up Ukrainian DL issue. Should cost almost nothing and you should not have to take classes or testing.
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.