Author Topic: Saakashvili Arrested in Dramatic Rooftop Standoff  (Read 110 times)

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1279
  • -Receive: 1034
  • 100% Against jellied eels
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Video Worth Watching

The Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) said on Tuesday, December 5, that it had detained Georgia?s former president Mikheil Saakashvili for, according to Hromadske, ?promoting a criminal organization.?

The dramatic moment of Saakashvili?s rooftop arrest was captured on video.

---------

And now there is this:  "Supporters free ex-Georgian leader Saakashvili from police custody in Kiev"

---------

My comment:

A little informal poll:

*1*  The conflict between Saakashvili and Poroshenko is real
*2*  The conflict is staged as political theatre.
*3*  I'm not sure yet.

[No right or wrong answer friends.  I think *3* right now; What do you think?]
« Last Edit: 11:31 07-Dec-2017 by Reggie »

Offline AkMike

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1895
  • -Receive: 1449
Re: Saakashvili Arrested in Dramatic Rooftop Standoff
« Reply #1 on: 11:45 07-Dec-2017 »
I'll add a 3.   It's a power play and Poro is worried?
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: 12:09 07-Dec-2017 »
I'll add a 3.   It's a power play and Poro is worried?

I don't know if it's probable, but maybe possible: one thought that crossed my mind.

Could it be that the real Corrupt Fat Cats know Poroshenko will be out -- because people will lose patience -- and are staging this whole show to make sure they get their new guy in office (Poroshenko 2.0?)?   (I don't know -- just throwing that out there.).

If they really wanted to arrest someone, they could do it quietly, and when he crosses the border; it didn't need this whole rooftop drama.  They could have done it night.  It's one of the reasons it leaves questions for me.  Or maybe they are inept at arresting people?  Don't know.

Could it be a show to scare off real reformers?   Is Saakashvili in on it?  Don't know. 

Here's some drone footage:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Feel welcome to question everything about the event.

In 2015, Saakashvili and Ukraine minister Avakov got into a round table argument, with Poroshenko managing the meeting;Avakov calls Saak 'a thief' -- Saak calls Avakov a 'thief,'  and Avakov throws a water glass at Saakashvili.   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Worth watching and considering also.  Avakov ends it by saying 'you ruined Georgia' and 'get out my country foreigner.'
« Last Edit: 14:16 07-Dec-2017 by Reggie »

Online Reggie

• I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: 18:38 07-Dec-2017 »
Update:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

"Ukraine's Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko held a press conference outlining the charges against him [Saakashvili].  He claimed that the ex-Georgian was the front man for a "Russian spring", a Kremlin backed campaign to seize power in Ukraine.  A phone tap was played, allegedly of a phone call between Mr Saakashvili and a businessman called Sergei Kurchenko, who's known to be close to the Russia-leaning former President Viktor Yanukovych. "It's totally fake," Mr Saakashvili told me from outside his tent. "I don't know a Mr Kurchenko, I don't know how he looks, I don't know how he sounds."  It would certainly be extraordinary if Mr Saakashvili had become some sort of Russian-backed agent-provocateur. As he likes to frequently remind people, he's spent his entire political career both in Georgia, and now in Ukraine opposed to Moscow and President Putin."

My opinion: Ukraine's Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko is full of "it."  This type of accusation is straight out of the KGB playbook for framing-up people.   My opinion is about what Lutsenko said; nothing else.  Total garbage.   It's a self-aggrandizing lie by Lutsenko to make himself seem like an able criminal enforcement officer.  God help this country if they don't arrest him and find out who put him up to it.

"Those people who advised Saakashvili and organized his illegal crossing of the border are liable for criminal prosecution, Lutsenko said. Law enforcement agencies are continuing to take investigative measures." -- Yuri Lutsenko

Lutsenko who was an ally of Tymoshenko.

Tymoshenko who helped bring Saakashvili back into Ukraine.

Lutsenko who works for Poroshenko and spends his free time with the Poroshenko family. 

Former best buddies.

"Meet my anti corruption friend."

* Our Team of Technical Experts is Running Tests to determine Ukraine's Political Transparency, Fairness and Outlook.

« Last Edit: 19:35 07-Dec-2017 by Reggie »