Author Topic: Changing Visas when one hasn't expired?  (Read 625 times)

Offline chrisukr

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
Changing Visas when one hasn't expired?
« on: 17:01 17-Jul-2010 »
Hello everyone! This is my first post to these forums. I'd appreciate it if anyone could offer me some advice.

I currently have a multi-entry business visa that ends in Dec 2010 and I am registered until the beginning of September. I am planning on going to Italy for a week in August, and then hopefully return to Kiev. I understand that there is a lot of confusion/lack of enforcment regarding these 90/180 day rules for visas. I have already stayed longer than 90 days continuously in Ukraine (should be ok because I'm registered), and am a bit worried that they won't let me back after my trip.

I plan on staying only for another few weeks after coming back from Italy. My question is would it be possible for one of my friends to invite me on a personal visa so I don't have to wait 90 days to come back? My understanding is that the 90/180 rule is reset when you get a new visa. Can they cancel my business visa in Italy, and issue me a personal one if I have the required documents?

I'm trying to do everything legal and by the book. I won't be working or earning any money here, just traveling and visiting some friends, so a private invitation visa should be ok. Any other ideas/suggestions?

Thank you.

Offline JTF

• Site Admin
  • Expat XO
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 97
  • -Receive: 90
  • Have no fear!
Re: Changing Visas when one hasn't expired?
« Reply #1 on: 23:41 17-Jul-2010 »
My understanding is that the 90/180 rule is reset when you get a new visa.
yes

Can they cancel my business visa in Italy, and issue me a personal one if I have the required documents?
yes
Що Що!!?